No meditation can replace a peaceful sleep. And therefore, finding the best mattress in India should be your priority.
If you ever woke up with body pain or felt restless all night, simply blame it on your mattress. A good mattress is sure to give you restful sleep and make you feel rejuvenated when you wake up. However, ‘good’ can be subjective. What works for you may not work for someone else. They are minor little details but may seem confusing to you.
I have evaluated 9 top mattresses in India with immense detailing, so there is no room for any complexities. Buying the wrong one can be disastrous, and I am not taking any chances with your beauty sleep.
My elaborate buying guide and product reviews are going to help you make an informed decision. My research and your decision; sound like a deadly combination, right?
1. SleepyCat Latex King Size Mattress
SleepyCat is an Indian mattress manufacturer and retailer, and it is also India’s first brand to manufacture boxed mattresses. Their items are of exceptional quality, and their consumer base has grown quickly. As such, we have picked the SleepyCat Latex King-Size Mattress to see if it’s fit to be considered one of the best mattresses in India.
|Dimensions||78x72x7 inches (King Size)|
|Item Weight:||28 kg|
|Construction Type||Latex Foam|
What We Like
- Easily supports multiple people lying on it without any issues.
- Provides a slight bounce and comfort thanks to advanced foam construction.
- Great for people with respiratory issues as it doesn’t accumulate allergens and toxins.
- Easy to maintain with the help of the removable and washable zip cover.
- Anti-skid feature ensures that it doesn’t move around.
- Great pricing.
- Made out of durable, high-quality materials.
- Comfortably supports seven zones of the human body.
- Designed for good airflow.
- Easy to wash zipper cover.
- It is a bit heavy.
- Accumulates lint.
Reasons To Buy The SleepyCat Latex King-Size Mattress
- Perfect Option For Couples: While all the other mattresses we’re going to list will be top-tier in this regard, this one takes the cake regarding overall comfort. It’s perfect for couples as it doesn’t let one person’s movements disturb the other.
- Easily Handles Summer Days: This SleepyCat mattress is easily one of the most breathable mattresses on the market. We tried it out in our other lab in New Delhi- one of the hottest regions in the country. There were no issues with comfort or support. If you live in an area where temperatures tend to soar high on certain days, we definitely recommend this mattress.
This mattress has many other things in store for you when it comes to comfort. You can head on over to our full review to learn more about it.
2. Wakeup Luxuriate Orthopaedic Hybrid Memory Foam Pocket Spring Mattress
Wakeup is a brand that exclusively makes mattresses. It’s one of the first mattress companies in India to use orthopaedic memory foam. It does make a lot of good mattresses in general. In fact, Wakeup mattresses also managed to make their way into our older top mattress lists due to their excellent quality. Read on to learn everything about this particular Wakeup mattress.
|Dimensions||78x72x10 (King Size)|
|Item Weight:||50.9 kg|
|Construction Type||Hybrid Memory Foam|
What We Like
- Comes equipped with special coils that offer enhanced motion isolation.
- Cool Gel Memory Foam provides good support for all body types and sleeping positions.
- Easily handles heat during scorching hot days.
- Stays cool.
- Washable outer cover.
- Reasonable pricing.
- Supports the entire body and different sleeping positions.
- Designed to last.
- Retains some smells after unpacking.
- Customer service could be better.
Reasons To Buy The Wakeup Luxuriate Orthopaedic Hybrid Memory Foam Pocket Spring Mattress
- Great For Laying For Long Periods: This mattress is perfect for people who spend a lot of time on the bed for reasons such as working from home or recuperating from an injury. It provides great support for the spine and back, which is essential for such people.
- Provides Perfect Support For Every Kind Of Sleeper: Are you a back sleeper? A side sleeper? Or maybe you sleep on your stomach? No matter what kind of sleeper you are, this mattress will provide perfect support with the help of its specialised memory foam.
We’ve got a lot more details about this particular mattress. You can check out our full analysis to see what else it can offer.
3. Sleepyhead Sense Orthopedic PCM Cooling Foam Mattress
Sleepyhead is an Indian mattress, comforter, and cushion or pillow manufacturer. The company is known for making some of the best mattresses in India, all of which provide the best comfort to users. Furthermore, the pricing of their products is affordable and of high quality.
Given this context, we selected the Sleepyhead Sense foam mattress. We tested it in our lab- here’s our straightforward assessment of it. Read on to learn what we figured out.
|Dimensions||78X72X6 inches (King Size)|
|Item Weight:||28.2 kg|
|Construction Type||Memory Foam|
What We Like
- Provides medium firmness thanks to high-quality foam.
- Designed to be as cool as possible, even on the hottest days.
- Special layered design that supports the entire body.
- Comes with air groves for maximum airflow.
- Lasts for a very long time.
- Remains cool on hot days.
- The top part is composed of breathable material.
- Comes with a 100-night trial.
- Good support to the entire body.
- Long warranty period.
- Reasonable pricing.
- Not that good for those that like to sleep straight.
- Edges could’ve been designed better.
- Uses a white cover.
Reasons To Buy The Sleepyhead Sense Orthopedic PCM Cooling Foam Mattress
- Ideal For Hot Climates: If you really don’t like the heat, you will love this mattress. It’s designed to stay as cool as possible, even on the hottest days. We’re not just saying that; it uses Phase Changing material, the same material NASA uses in their spacesuits for cooling.
- Good Motion Isolation: Similar to the SleepyCat Latex King Size Mattress, this one also isolates motion quite well. So, if you tend to move a lot in your sleep or have a partner that does, this mattress is another great option, as it won’t transfer the movement.
Still, feel like this mattress doesn’t offer enough? Well, we’ve got good news for you. It comes with plenty of other things. Head on over to our comprehensive review to learn about everything else.
4. The Sleep Company 2.0 Smart Grid Mattress
The Sleep Company is a local brand that provides high-quality mattresses with excellent support and comfort. They’re popular amongst customers because of their great deals and rates. The cutting-edge technology they use in their products also makes them a top pick for many people. Several things influenced our decision to pick the Sleep Company 2.0 Smart-Grid mattress as one of the best mattresses in India. Continue reading to learn more about them.
|Dimensions||78x72x8 inches (King Size)|
|Item Weight:||45 kg|
|Construction Type||Stretchable Polymer Gel|
What We Like
- Has a softness scale of 5.5 for superb comfort.
- Offers enhanced firmness through smart-grid technology.
- 2500 air channels ensure better air circulation.
- Quality cotton fabric offers great breathability.
- Made of premium cotton fabric.
- Good at remaining cool.
- Easy to get out of the packaging.
- Excellent plushness.
- 100 nights trial.
- Easily fits a large bed.
- Non-toxic construction.
- Not that great for sitting or working on.
- Takes a while to get rid of the smells.
- Only comes in white.
Reasons To Buy The Sleep Company 2.0 Smart Grid Mattress
- Great For Senior Citizens: When doing reviews like these, we always consider every possible person amongst our readers. That includes older people, too. If your body has started to feel the effects of ageing, you might want to consider this mattress. It’s just soft enough to provide good comfort without sinking in too much and causing any body pains.
- Uses A Unique Construction: This mattress differs from anything else on our list. The SmartGRID technology it uses is actually a replacement for memory foam. It provides plenty of extra benefits- one of the best ones being that it aids greatly in body pain reduction. It can offer pain relief like a firm mattress without needing to be excessively firm. It offers much more in regards to comfort as well, though.
If you want to learn about what else Smart-Grid technology can offer, you can take a look at our in-depth review.
5. Wakefit Dual Comfort Mattress
Wakefit is an Indian brand that is a pillar of innovation, customer satisfaction, and quality in several sleep-related product categories. Its headquarters is in Bengaluru and was started in 2016. Despite the short duration in the market, it has made tremendous steps in providing high-quality products. We checked out the Wakefit Dual Comfort mattress to see how it came so far in such a short time. Read on to see what made us consider it one of the best mattresses in India.
|Dimensions||78x60x5 inches (Queen Size)|
|Item Weight:||12 kg|
|Construction Type||Soft Foam + High Resilience Foam|
What We Like
- The same unit offers two levels of firmness.
- Designed to last long without showing wear or sagging.
- Superb air circulation for comfortable summertime usage.
- Soft enough to provide a feather-like feeling.
- Affordably priced.
- Multiple firmness levels.
- Feels feather-like.
- Offers good performance for a long time.
- It has a seven-year warranty.
- Breathable material ensures coolness during hot seasons.
- The edges are a bit soft.
- White colouring.
Reasons To Buy The Wakefit Dual Comfort Mattress
- Offers Extra Versatility: This model is a great option if you’re looking for a new mattress. Dual-sided mattresses are the newest trend and with good reason. You can use either side of it; the softer side for relaxing and the firmer side for extra support.
- One Of The Most Durable Mattresses: Don’t be thrown off by the comparatively modest price. Despite its low price, this mattress is built of high-quality materials. The stitching is firm and meant to last for years with no problems. There’s no sag either; the mattress even took a mechanical roller running all over it during our tests.
To learn our expert’s take on all of this mattress’s features, head on over to our in-depth review.
6. Wakefit Orthopaedic Single Size Mattress With Memory Foam
Here’s another solid product from Wakefit, and this one is an orthopaedic mattress. We decided to include it on our list for many reasons; it’s good for back pains, it’s cool and perfect for those living solo. We spent a while evaluating this mattress in our lab and sleeping on it in our homes to see if it was worthy of being one of the best mattresses. Read on to find out what we learned about it.
|Dimensions||72x36x6 inches (Single Size)|
|Item Weight:||10.7 kg|
|Construction Type||Memory Foam|
What We Like
- Premium material ensures enhanced durability.
- Special fabric offers extra breathability, ensuring an easier time during summer.
- Comes with a motion isolation design for easier sleep with a partner.
- Fits on most beds easily and stays stable without slipping.
- Composed of quality fabric.
- Excellent at pressure relief.
- Made of breathable material.
- Easy to move around and unpack.
- Customisation isn’t exact.
- Says it’s firm, but it’s softer than other similar options.
- White coloured.
Reasons To Buy The Wakefit Orthopaedic Mattress With Memory Foam
- Best Single Size Mattress: We’d say that this mattress is a great option for bachelors. It’s fairly inexpensive and also much lighter than other options, which means that one person will have an easy time unpacking it and fitting it onto a bed.
- Perfect For Health: If you are a bachelor, you will most likely reside in a hostel or an apartment. These areas are frequently infested with nasty bed bugs or particles that might cause allergic reactions. Choosing this mattress will save you a lot of grief since it’s both bed bug resistant and hypoallergenic.
We’ve got a full review of this model as well. You can take a look at it to see how this mattress performs.
7. SleepX Dual Mattress – Medium Soft and Hard
SleepX is an Indian company renowned for making great mattresses. What makes these mattresses unique is the affordability and quality they offer.
If you’re looking for a mattress on a budget, this is the one you want. The SleepX Dual is a two-sided mattress; depending on your needs, you can use either the soft side or the hard side. We’ll take a closer look at this mattress and its features below. You can also check out our full review if you like everything else we have to say here.
|Dimensions||72x36x5 inches (Single Size)|
|Item Weight:||11.3 kg|
|Construction Type||High-Density Hard Foam|
What We Like
- Offers an innovative and advanced sleep solution for the most comfortable of sleep.
- Dual technology lets you sleep at just the right level of firmness.
- Air mesh outer fabric offers the best airflow for a good night’s sleep.
- Comes ready to use, so minimal effort is needed to get it on the bed after unpacking.
- Breathable top cover for better air circulation.
- Instantly usable out of the box.
- Post-unpacking smell doesn’t stay for long.
- Usual on both sides.
- Fairly priced.
- Comes with special support for different sleeping positions.
- Aesthetics could be a little better.
- Not that great for sitting.
Reasons To Buy The SleepX Dual Mattress
- Best Entry Level Mattress: This mattress is a great entry-level option for those looking to upgrade from their current mattresses. It’s also one of the most affordable options on our list, which makes it a great choice for budget shoppers.
- Keeps Aches Away: This SleepX mattress will be an even better option if you’re an older adult that lives alone. It can contour well to the body and keep it relaxed. Do note, though, that the firmness won’t be enough for those with severe back pains. In that case, we recommend looking at the other orthopaedic options on our list.
Like what you see? We’ve also done a more detailed review of this mattress.
8. Wakefit Xtra Snooze 8-in King Size Foam Mattress
There are plenty of Wakefit mattresses on this list. However, they all deserve their place. The Wakefit Xtra Snooze 8-in King Size Foam Mattress has excellent performance and its own pros and cons. Read on to see everything that sets it apart from the rest of the Wakefit models.
|Dimensions||78x72x6 inches (King Size)|
|Item Weight:||33.2 kg|
|Construction Type||Soft Foam + High Resilience Foam|
What We Like
- Zero noise design ensures peaceful sleep regardless of any movements on the bed.
- Offers excellent air circulation through advanced design.
- Easily fits 2 people with plenty of space to spare.
- Designed to perfectly support the neck and back, preventing pains.
- No need for assembly.
- Premium build quality.
- Comfortable firmness and softness.
- Hypoallergenic material prevents allergies.
- Supports several sleeping positions.
- Reasonably priced.
- It could be firmer.
- Strong unpacking smell.
Reasons To Buy The Wakefit Xtra Snooze 8-in King Size Foam Mattress
- King-Sized Double-Sided Design: The main feature of this Wakefit mattress is its special double-sided design. While other mattresses offer the same feature, we think the firmness this one offers is hard to match. One side is just the right amount of firm, while the other side is soft and plush.
- Large Yet Light: Need a lot of space? Well, you can definitely go for this mattress. It’s one of the largest king-sized mattresses we’ve come across. It’s also one of the lightest options in this size category. That means you can unpack and fit it into the bed with little effort. Cleaning will also be easy, as you don’t have to struggle to move it around.
We’ve got a lot more to say about this Wakefit Xtra Snooze Mattress and why we consider it one of the best mattresses in India; you can go and take a look at our full review.
9. Springtek Ortho Pocket Premium Spring Mattress
Of course, memory foam mattresses aren’t the only ones on this list. If you want to experiment with different mattresses, we have an outstanding alternative from Springtek. It’s not only comfortable and firm, but it’s also an excellent choice for back and front sleepers. That’s not even everything it has to offer. Let’s go over it in greater detail.
|Dimensions||78x60x6 inches (Queen Size)|
|Item Weight:||28 kg|
What We Like
- Heavy gauge steel coils ensure perfect firmness.
- Antimicrobial cover keeps the user safe by preventing bacteria buildup.
- Comes equipped with longer-lasting pocket springs.
- Multiple layers offer support for the whole body.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Contours well to the shape of the body.
- Supports all sleeping patterns.
- Easily handles heavy weight without sag.
- Remains cool in hot weather.
- Doesn’t retain pathogens such as bacteria.
- Not particularly bouncy.
- The sides are not so sturdy.
Reasons To Buy The Springtek Ortho Pocket Premium Spring Mattress
- Best Spring Mattress: Good spring mattresses are rather hard to come by. Most of the time, they either disappoint in terms of comfort or fall short in providing support. However, this mattress does neither of those things. It’s comfortable but still provides great support for every part of the body.
- Zero Disturbance: One more thing that sets this mattress apart from regular spring ones is that it doesn’t let you feel the movements of the other person. You’ll barely feel the movement, and the springs won’t make any noise.
We also have an in-depth analysis of this mattress. If you like what you see, give that a look.
Best Mattress in India – Buying guide and tips
Buying a mattress only based on customer reviews or brand popularity isn’t a smart idea. Yes, you have heard it right. Besides looking at the fundamentals, you’ll also have to evaluate a few things about the product before opting for it.
But what are these things? The sections below will tell you everything you need to know about them.
Types of Mattresses
Only looking at size would not be able to help you to find the mattress that fits you the best. Besides that, you would also have to know about their different classifications. Each type of mattress is unique in its own way. So, make sure to check out the details thoroughly.
As the name suggests, these mattresses generally contain latex material, which makes them soft. Another characteristic of these mattresses is that their grids are made with rubbery content.
The foam mattresses are made of polyurethane, which is a synthetic material. They usually come in two different types- memory foam and latex foam.
Air mattresses are inflatable, and they come in both large and smaller sizes. The pump is generally included in the purchase of the mattress.
Coir is a natural fibre extracted from coconut husks. It is used in the making of these mattresses. The primary benefit of a coir mattress is that it doesn’t get infested with bed bugs.
The spring mattress is the most common type of mattress. It contains metal coils inside that support the sleeper.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Mattress In India
To pick the best mattress in India, the first thing that you should always look for is its size. The dimensions of mattresses in India usually differ from other non-Asian countries.
For example, if you have recently shifted from the USA to India, make sure to know about the size options of the mattresses before purchasing anything.
There are four different size options on the market. They are –
King Size: These mattresses are the biggest of the lot. As the name suggests, these products are actually quite large and can be an ideal option for a couple and a child.
Queen Size: A queen-sized mattress will be slightly smaller compared to king-sized ones. However, it can still cater to a couple comfortably. But, if you try to include your child, things might get a little bit cramped.
Double Size: The double-sized are perfect for a single adult, especially if they have a height of 6-feet or more. If your kid is small, you can also keep them with you.
Single Size: Single-sized products are perfect for a teenager. However, they will be too big for a child and too small for a heavy adult.
Of course, the best mattresses in India can’t be worthy of such a title if they’re not durable. Usually, a durable mattress tends to last for around seven to eight years, depending on the usage. However, if you don’t use it frequently, the bedding might last for more than ten years.
When looking for the best mattress, you also need to consider the thickness of the mattress. A thicker mattress will ensure that your neck and torso are placed comfortably and healthily. After waking up on such a mattress, you won’t feel any extra muscle or joint pains.
However, if you end up opting for an extremely thick mattress, it might get difficult to clean the mattress properly. To get a good balance of everything, we recommend you to go for a product that has a thickness of around 10 inches.
Some mattresses are not breathable at all. They absorb your body’s heat and trap it when you lay on them. The absorbed heat can make you feel uncomfortable and affect your sleep.
So, in this case, opting for a hybrid mattress would be perfect for you. Unlike the foam alternatives, they are made with breathable fabric. So, they will promote air circulation a lot more than the others and make you feel comfy even during the hottest night of the season.
Sometimes, when you turn from one side to another, you may hear a noise from beneath. Usually, the springs in the mattress produce it. Innerspring mattresses and airbed ones are the mattress types you should avoid if you don’t want any extra noise.
Latex or foam mattresses are ideal if you prefer as much quietness as possible. Unlike airbed ones, they’re not filled with electrical components and air chambers. So, with them, you can easily enjoy a deep and sound sleep altogether.
6. Supportive System
The supportive capability of a mattress generally depends on the evenness of its surface. The more constant alignment a product has, the better support it will be able to provide, especially to your pelvis and spine.
Almost all the mattresses provide excellent support to the heavier parts of your body. However, due to the frequency of usage or the overall weight of your body, the supportive capabilities slowly tend to decrease. It is more evident in the aspect of the softer products that are either made with memory foam or latex.
Comparatively, the airbed and spring mattresses have a harder upper surface. Therefore, they usually provide a lot better bodily alignment and support throughout the course.
7. Health Issues
In general, it’s always best to pick a mattress that prevents any sort of bodily pain. However, if you already suffer from joint pain and other similar issues, you should look into special mattresses. If you have joint pain, you should get an Orthopaedic mattress.
Suppose you suffer from any condition that forces you to rest in bed for unusually long periods. In that case, it’d be better to pick a pressure relief mattress. That’s the usual picking process for most people. It’s different if you’re an older person, though. In that case, we’ve got an entire post for picking the right mattress for a senior citizen. The post considers all the body issues that come with age and provides recommendations accordingly.
8. Motion Isolation
While sleeping, we all move or turn around from one side to another. Sometimes, it creates a ripple of vibrations throughout the whole mattress, which can disrupt the sleep of anyone else laying on it.
If you habit shifting from one side to another, we advise you not to opt for a spring mattress. They are quite noisy and a lot more vibration-prone than the other models. The latex or foam bedding performs much better in this aspect than them.
9. Hypoallergenic Abilities
Dust issues are one of the most common problems with mattresses, and you probably have encountered such a problem at least once. That’s where a mattress with hypoallergenic abilities comes in. With this feature, a mattress won’t entertain any dust particles. If you still find some specks of dirt on it, you can easily sweep them out with your sweeper.
Lastly, hypoallergenic beddings can prevent dust mites as well. If you live in an urban area, we suggest you go for a hypoallergenic mattress.
Most high-end mattresses in India come with another feature called reversibility. Reversibility indicates they have a hard surface on one side and a softer one on the other.
So, in a way, you can opt for each of the sides at your own convenience. The harder section will be ideal for you if you have back or neck pain. Conversely, the softer side is more suitable for the summer season and for handling hip pains.
Despite how it sounds, a pillow-top mattress does not really come with a pillow. Nevertheless, it does feature a small, soft bulge at the top section, which offers a pillow-like feel. Hence, in the case of these mattresses, you’d need only one extra pillow for you.
As a pillow-top model comes with an extra feature, most people assume it’s more expensive than usual. But that’s not the case here. It is only an additional cushioning, and therefore, it doesn’t cost that much at all.
12. Reinforced Edges
Most of the time, mattresses start tearing up from their edges, and, frankly, there isn’t much you can do to stop them. The only thing you can do is try to prevent that by getting a mattress with reinforced edges.
This will prevent any sag and tearing at the edges.
Last but not least, price is yet another factor that plays a prominent role in purchasing a mattress. Honestly, if you want to acquire a good mattress, you will have to spend some money. Consider all the points in this list, including this one closely, if you truly want to get yourself one of the best mattresses in India.
Best Mattress in India – Frequently asked questions
So, as we are almost done with our article on the best mattress in India, let’s find the answers to a few frequently asked questions. Hopefully, it will make things a lot clearer to you and help you with your buying plan.
A mattress can either make or break your good night’s sleep. So, while choosing one from the pile, you should always be as careful as possible. Make sure to go through the customer reviews and look for the cons of the product before buying it.
It, in turn, will help you to understand if the model is the right one for you or not, in a jiffy. However, if you feel confused again, then you can always come back to our best mattress in India write-up and check it out again.
- A Full Analysis Of The Samsung 198 L 4-Star Inverter Single Door Refrigerator: Can It Be What You Need? - December 12, 2022
- A Close Look At The Modest Yet Powerful LG 190 L Inverter 4-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022
- Everything You Need To Know About The New Godrej 190 L 5-Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022