Whether it’s summers or winters, keeping your skin hydrated is a need of the hour. And therefore, I am here to reveal the list of the best moisturizers for dry skin in India.
The biggest problem with dry skin is that it faces moisture loss and is a big victim of parchedness. Well, you could even put it up like dry skin occurs when there isn’t sufficient moisture in your skin. But hey, this is not the end of the story. There are many ways you can moisten your skin, and indulging in the best moisturizer for dry skin face is one of the sure-shot solutions.
Whether you are dealing with parched patches on your face, hands or body, it’s not a fun feeling. As much as doctors recommend drinking a lot of water, that’s really not enough. It is important to moisturize the skin from the outside as well.
Table of Contents
Best moisturizers for dry skin in India
The market today is certainly overwhelmed with options. From the available wide-reaching list, deciding on one can be tricky. But what’s the good news? Here’s my extensive list of products consulted by the experts with different ingredients and catering to different concerns.
Let’s get going!
1. Neutriderm Moisturising Lotion w/Vitamin E – 125 mL
Established in 2000, the global brand strives to deliver products that make the skin healthy, comfortable and happy. Neutriderm has incorporated all the necessary ingredients in each product to ensure there are no side effects; it is tender on the skin and super effective. With increased demand, the company has ingrained more and more regional offices in the Middle East and Asia. The roots are from Australia, but eventually, it has diversified its seeds worldwide.
- Ideal for men and women
- Product Form: Lotion
- Suitable for: Dry, oily and combination skin
- Australia made
- Soothing and replenishing
- Strong antioxidant moisturizer
- Vitamin E Phosphate cream
- It helps in reducing acne, scars and redness.
- It protects the skin from environmental pollutants.
- It recovers the skin from sun damage.
Why should you buy the Neutriderm Moisturising Lotion w/Vitamin E?
Antioxidant: The Neutriderm moisturizer has exceptional antioxidant properties, making the product a great moisturizer and reducing wrinkles and age spots. It also imparts a soothing and calming effect which helps in diminishing any kind of redness. In case of any overexposure to ultraviolet radiation, the lotion works effectively towards repairing the skin. The strong antioxidant properties neutralize free radicals, prevents environmental pollutants and reduce temporary redness.
Nourishes the skin: The Neutriderm moisturizer is an ideal option to nutrify and nourish the skin completely. The presence of vegetable fat has high volume linoleic acid. This aids in creating a protective layer on the skin. The moisturizer also prevents skin damage which is caused by chemicals like uric acid. Therefore, it can effectively nourish the skin.
Consistent thickness: This is a common moisturizer problem. Some facial moisturizers are too thick, and some are too thin. Sure, people have preferences, but moisturizer with emulsifying wax (vegetable wax) has a perfect consistency. It also increases the chances of getting absorbed quickly.
No water loss: Coconut content in a moisturizer is one of the most beautiful things you can experience. Research says coconut works towards retaining the skin moisture and prevents water loss. Besides that, coconut can also exquisitely boosts elasticity.
- It has a pleasing fragrance.
- Soft and non-greasy.
- Excellent for acne-prone and sensitive skin.
- As per users, it’s not the best option for sensitive skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Neutriderm Moisturising Lotion w/Vitamin E – 125 mL scores an edge over the others with its consistency. It has the perfect thickness and contains some important elements like vegetable fat, emulsifying wax and coconut. All of them provide exceptional benefits to the skin and work miraculously for dry skin. Not just dry and normal, but the moisturizer also works well on sensitive and acne-prone skin. This means it’s a win-win for every skin type.
2. Mystic Valley Cucumber & Green Tea Body Lotion Enriched With Natural Shea Butter, Almond Oil & Vitamin E – 350Ml
Found in 1995, Mystic Valley is built on three major principles – Innovation, honesty and care. The products are innovatively built with their choice of products, packaging and design. Each skin and hair care product is made from the heart and is crafted with personal involvement. The brand lives by the motto of unearthing nature and incorporating healing properties of the ingredients.
- Product Form: Cream
- Fragrance: Green tea
- Suitable for all skin types
- Dermatologically tested
- Certified and Organic Ingredients
- Hydration and Nourishment
- High anti-inflammatory properties
- It has eco-friendly packaging.
- It promotes skin collagen.
- Paraben and sulphate free.
Why should you buy the Mystic Valley Cucumber & Green Tea Body Lotion Enriched With Natural Shea Butter, Almond Oil & Vitamin E?
Exceptional benefits from Shea butter: The Mystic body lotion is enriched with shea butter and therefore is exceptionally beneficial to the skin in many ways. It is capable of conditioning, soothing and toning the skin. Shea butter also has exceptional anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing properties. It promotes collagen production and also reduces the breakdown of collagen.
Improved complexion: The moisturizer is packed with almond oil which possesses high emollient properties. This works on effectively enhancing the skin tone and complexion. Also, almond oil can swiftly reduce stretch marks, if any.
Diminishes cellulite: Green tea extracts are super beneficial for the skin in many ways. It diminishes cellulite, calms irritation, evens out discolouration and decreases blackheads. The infused antioxidant works amazingly well for every skin type.
Made with love: The Mystic Valley moisturizer is made with love and involves no harmful chemicals. The lotion is made from natural ingredients with curated compositions of materials and the goodness of nature. The lotion formation involves no synthetic colours, parabens or any other toxins.
- It has an energizing cucumber and green tea scent.
- You can expect toning and smoothing of the skin.
- The moisturizer can effectively heal irritated skin.
- It is ideal even for sensitive skin.
- No cons.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are a sucker for good scents, you will be in love with this moisturizer. It is enriched with shea butter, almond oil, green tea and more! The application of the moisturizer feels so restorative, thanks to the cucumber and green tea extracts. Besides moisturizing the skin, the product can effectively diminish cellulite and improve the complexion. So, it kind of acts as a beauty product. The dermatologically tested cream is a good option for every skin type and is therefore regarded as one of the best moisturizers.
3. Olay Day Cream Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SPF 30, 50g And Olay Serum Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum, 50 ml
Olay as a brand literally needs no introduction. It has been one of the oldest labels in the skincare industry and started by being the epitome of globalization. The brand has obeyed the path of expansion with a graceful attitude of fighting out in every step. Earlier recognized as the ‘oil of olay’, the brand took over the name ‘Olay’ in 1990 and thereafter moved beyond hydration and cleansing into dynamic anti-ageing skincare. Without a doubt, Olay scores very high on the list of best moisturizers for dry skin in India.
- Item form: Cream
- Accompanied with a serum
- SPF and fine lines
- Non-greasy texture and light in weight
- Formulated with Hyaluronic acid and Pentapeptides
- Non-comedogenic and fast-absorbing
- It lightens the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- It makes the skin brighter.
- Works well for normal, dry and combination skin.
Why should you buy the Olay Day Cream Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SPF 30, 50g And Olay Serum Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum, 50 ml?
High concentration of amino-peptide complex: Amino peptides are proteins that are much needed by the skin. It has several benefits like clear breakouts, reduced wrinkles and improved skin barrier. Thus, it acts as a great anti-ageing moisturizer.
No clogging of pores: Olay Day Cream is a non-comedogenic moisturizer. This means it has only incorporated ingredients that don’t clog or block the pores. This works in favour of people who have acne-prone skin. Since the moisturizer does not clog the pores, it diminishes the possibility of pimples and acne. Also, the skin breathes better with no clogged pores.
Broad-spectrum: Not just a moisturizer but also acts as a sunscreen. It’s an SPF 30 UVA/UVB sunscreen protecting the skin from harsh UV rays and environmental pollutants. You can be sure of your skin being protected from sun damage. This helps the skin stay raw, bright and youthful looking.
Micro sculpting serum: Along with the moisturizer, the package involves micro-sculpting serum. Besides all the anti-ageing ingredients and amino peptides, the serum is infused with hyaluronic acid and niacinamide, which instantly pumps and lifts the surface cells. This acts as a great exfoliation process for the skin.
- It is especially designed for hydration.
- It makes the skin firmer.
- Improves skin texture.
- Price is on the higher side.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Olay Day Cream Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SPF 30, 50g And Olay Serum Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum, 50 ml, is a deadly package of two amazing products, including sunscreen and a serum. Highly recommended only for people above 30 years, the product has all the anti-ageing benefits and can lift the surface cells. The serum can treat fine lines and ensures no clogging of pores. Therefore, it is highly recommended for adults.
4. Coco Soul Body Lotion with Coconut, Sandalwood & Ayurveda, Paraben, Silicones & Mineral Oil Free- 200 ml
The brand is based on the versatility of coconut and accommodates all the nurturing properties. The label is packed with the luxurious escapades of coconut. Established in 2016, all products are made with the goodness of Ayurveda and harnessed with the magic of all organic ingredients. Coco Soul possesses all traditional and natural ayurvedic principles which are relevant to the 21st century. So, the magic of Ayurveda and coconut king legitimately brings out the best in our mind, body and soul.
- Item form: Cream
- Adult only
- Coconut scent
- Applicable to the whole body
- 100% vegan
- Formulated with 100% Organic Virgin King Coconut Oil
- No animal testing
- Intense moisturization
- It helps in skin toning and whitening.
- It works as a reversal against skin tanning.
- Loaded with vitamin C.
Why should you buy the Coco Soul Body Lotion with Coconut, Sandalwood & Ayurveda, Paraben, Silicones & Mineral Oil Free?
COCOSOUL: The moisturizer is loaded with this incredibly effective ingredient – coconut oil. It can permeate 10 layers deep into the skin and restore all the moisture. This helps in repairing damaged and dry skin successfully. The presence of virgin king coconut oil boosts cellular repair as well.
Nothing but goodness: The Coco Soul body lotion is packed with goodness and scores an edge over most in safety concerns. The cream is free from paraben, sulphate, DEA, mineral oil, silicone, formaldehyde, petrolatum and propylene glycol. The lotion is 100% vegan and made with complete safety.
Ayurvedic herbs: The generosity of coconut oil combined with the goodness of ayurvedic herbs like sandalwood and welmi, results in something magical. It helps in skin whitening and toning. Also, these ayurvedic herbs diminish the appearance of scars, acne and wrinkles.
Kind to the environment: We already know how moisturizer is kind to our skin. But it doesn’t end there. It’s super kind to our environment as well. Free from all toxins, the fabrication involves only organic ingredients. This ensures there’s no harmful footprint on the environment. What a brilliant idea for the sustainability of the environment!
- It is safety certified.
- The moisturizer works towards cellular repair.
- It penetrates 10 layers deep into the skin.
- Some find the fragrance too pungent.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Coco Soul Body Lotion with Coconut, Sandalwood & Ayurveda, Paraben, Silicones & Mineral Oil Free, 100% Vegan, 200 ml is truly kind to the body and environment. It is packed with extreme goodness and ditches all the harmful toxins. The coconut scent scream is 100% vegan and provides intense moisturization. The lotion scores an edge over the others by penetrating 10 layers deep into the skin. If you are looking for a moisturizer to treat your tan, it is a great option.
5. Plum Grape Seed & Sea Buckthorn Glow-Restore Face Oils Blend | Best Face Oil for Glowing Skin | Blend of 10 Natural Oils- 30ml
The elite things in life are clean, real and good! Yes, that’s the motto Plum swears by. The brand has introduced the world to an era of good news with body care, hair care and skincare products. The label creates effective products intending to maintain the skin at its natural best. Each of its products is paraben, cruelty and vegan free. Exactly why Plum has promised Bright results since 2013.
- Item form: Facial oil
- Adult only
- Ideal for dry skin
- FDA approved
- 99.8% natural
- 100% Recyclable packaging
- Intense hydration
- The oil is formed from plant-derived oils.
- Capable of replenishing the lost nutrients.
- It can banish dryness completely.
Why should you buy the Plum Grape Seed & Sea Buckthorn Glow-Restore Face Oils Blend | Best Face Oil for Glowing Skin | Blend of 10 Natural Oils?
Dry skin expert: Known as an ultimate dry skin expert because it can provide intense hydration. Plum face oil involves ten plants derived oils, including argan oil. Therefore, this product can swiftly combat skin dryness by restoring the natural glow and moisturizer. It also replenishes all the lost nutrients and makes the skin shine bright like a diamond.
Magnificent healing properties: The face oil has sea buckthorn oil as one of the major components, which is super rich in vitamins. It has a perfect compilation of regeneration, antibacterial action and moisturization. So, it ensures no skin irritation and has great wound healing properties.
Reduced skin inflammation: Grapeseed oil is known to reduce skin inflammation beautifully. It is super rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, vitamins and fatty acids. This can diminish all the scars and wounds caused by chronic inflammation. Thereby replenishing the skin nutrients and making the skin look youthful.
Good for skin, great for the planet: The face oil promises to stick to the beauty by ditching all the toxins. It is FDA approved and 100% vegan. Also, to encourage environmental benefits, Plum has incorporated 100% recyclable packaging. They embolden consumers to send back the bottles once used and then recycle them.
- It prevents water loss.
- Can fight oxidative damage.
- It provides intense hydration.
- The results are effective but a little time-consuming.
Frequently Asked Questions
Not just the best moisturizer for dry skin but also acts as a glow agent. The Plum Grape Seed & Sea Buckthorn Glow-Restore Face Oils Blend | Best Face Oil for Glowing Skin | Blend of 10 Natural Oils | 99.8% Natural & 100% Vegan | 30ml has impressive healing properties and can treat inflamed skin beautifully. It can combat skin dryness and can also give a natural glow to the skin eventually. The oil can beautifully bring a shine to the face but is recommended for dry or natural skin. If your skin is super sensitive, maybe you should not indulge in this one.
5. mCaffeine Non-Sticky Latte Face Moisturizer for Deep Moisturization | With Coffee, Almond Milk and Shea Butter | For Dry and Dehydrated Skin- 50ml
2015 saw the emergence of a revolutionary label – mCaffeine with a team of far-sighted and super talented individuals. The brand is India’s first caffeinated personal care label with a considerable range of products catering to face, hair and body. The label promises to make each product 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
The Peta certified brand has no bar on gender or colour. Everything is about you. The label gives people confidence all over the body and skin. With that, mCaffeine has achieved zero plastic footprints by completely eliminating plastic pollution.
- Item form: Face cream
- An earthy and woody scent
- Adult only
- Packed with caffeine-rich coffee
- Dermatologically tested
- Soothing and dryness
- Skin-friendly ingredients.
- It deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
- It can effectively treat flaky and itchy skin.
- It can provide 48 hours of moisturization.
Why should you buy the mCaffeine Non-Sticky Latte Face Moisturizer for Deep Moisturization | With Coffee, Almond Milk and Shea Butter | For Dry and Dehydrated Skin?
Long-lasting moisturization: The latte coffee moisturizer promises deep and long-lasting moisturization. The cream can hydrate the deepest layer of the skin and nourish the skin beautifully. It works great day and night and makes sure the moisturization lasts for 48 hours.
Caffeine infused: No prizes for guessing the caffeine-infused cream has coffee as one of the highest ingredients. The benefits of coffee are colossal and much more than what you have imagined. It is rich in antioxidants and has high anti-inflammatory properties. Coffee can exquisitely tone the skin and repair damaged skin barriers. Also, the best part is that caffeine-infused moisturizers are suitable for all skin types.
Enhanced hydration: The high content of almond milk ensures enhanced hydration to the skin. Almond milk has the capability to relieve dryness and gently soothe the skin. It also has great skin lightening properties. So, this moisturizer can dwindle age spots, acne marks and other skin discolourations.
A pop of ceramide: A pop of ceramide also helps in enhancing skin hydration. It provides a smoother, firmer and well-fed looking face. Ceramide can lock moisture into the skin and prevent epidermis from environmental damage. So, the moisturizer definitely acts as an anti-ageing cream.
- Suitable to men and women.
- Enhances skin’s moisture barrier.
- Suitable for all seasons.
- Packed with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Nothing major.
Frequently Asked Questions
Loaded with caffeine-rich coffee, the face cream provides an earthy scent and super luscious texture. The coffee-infused cream has all the skin ingredients, is suitable for men and women, is acceptable to every season and has some super amazing benefits. If you are in search of an anti-ageing cream that can treat acne, skin discolouration and provide long-lasting moisturization, this one’s a great option. It is recognized as one of the best moisturizers for dry skin in India because of all the intense hydration it can provide.
6. Just Herbs Natural & Organic Aloe vera Sunscreen Moisturizing lotion for Normal and dry skin for men & women
Just Herb’s journey began in 2013 with the idea of crafting products made from organic ingredients and ayurvedic results. The luxurious brand provides a pure and pleasant experience with freshness and safety concerns. The brand believes in fully disclosing ingredients, fancy packaging, and exceptional treatment. The label of love created a little world full of transparent and inclusive beauty.
Just Herbs is also known to launch India’s first Ayurvedic Micellar Water in 2019 and is featured in publications within and outside India. Yet, the company is seen working on improving its packaging and ingredients.
- Item form: Lotion
- Aloe vera and green tea scent.
- Suitable for men and women.
- Adult only
- For normal and dry skin.
- Moisturizer + sunscreen
- It can control hyperpigmentation.
- It can promote collagen synthesis.
- It can remove dark spots and tan.
Why should you buy the Just Herbs Natural & Organic Aloe vera Sunscreen Moisturizing lotion for Normal and dry skin for men & women?
The goodness of aloe vera: We already know the power of aloe vera and how beneficial it is to the skin. It can swiftly prevent gamma and UV radiation damage. Aloe vera has all the anti-ageing effects and can soften the skin. It also helps remove tan, dark spots and blackheads effectively. Aloe vera can also stimulate elastin fibres and collagen, thereby boosting skin elasticity.
Two-in-one: Not just a moisturizer, but the lotion also acts as a sunscreen. The lotion contains Jojoba in high quantities, which works miraculously on the skin. It treats dry skin and prevents it from damage against UV rays. Jojoba also soothes sunburn and promotes collagen synthesis.
Psoralea Goodness: One of the rare ingredients, but has massive benefits. Psoralea seed extracts can strengthen the skin defence mechanism and maintain the integrity of the cutaneous barrier. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Smooth & Soft: Grapeseed has a number of herbal ingredients which work towards making the skin soft & silky. The presence of essential vitamins like C and E make the skin soft and more elastic. It keeps the skin hydrated, heals damaged skin tissues and neutralizes harmful free radicals.
- Recovers sunburn.
- Can heal damaged skin tissue.
- Delivers soft skin.
- Not suitable for oily skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Just Herbs Natural & Organic Aloe vera Sunscreen Moisturizing lotion for Normal and dry skin for men & women is a great option for both genders. It is packed with amazing ingredients to give the right amount of moisturization to the skin. The two-in-one product also acts as a sunscreen, strengthening skin defence against UV damage and reversing the signs of sun-driven skin ageing. So, it acts as the best moisturizer for dry skin and works towards sun protection.
Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin: Buying Guide
Indulging in a skin moisturizer is no more an option. It’s a must-have product. For most people, it’s evidently become a part of the skincare routine. And for the ones who are yet not in the habit of using one, here’s why you must grab one today.
Why is a moisturizer a must?
- Moisturizing can diminish the appearance of blemishes.
- It fights fine lines and wrinkles.
- It helps the skin stay juvenile.
- The skin will have more elasticity.
- You can attain all anti-ageing benefits.
- It lets your skin stay hydrated.
- Moisturizer makes the skin look refreshed.
- It provides a layer of protection.
- It controls the acne.
Recommended Reading: Which are the Top 7 Best under eye creams for dark circles(2023)? Expert Guide
Which are the factors to consider before choosing a moisturizer?
Here’s how to choose the right moisturizer. Some simple parameters you must look into.
1. Know your skin
The first and the basic step is to know your skin type. This exclusive guide on the best moisturizers for dry skin has all the potential products. But let me tell you how to hand-pick the right one. When your skin is exceptionally dry, you need a heavy and oil-based moisturizer. A dry skin condition requires a rich cream or lotion to moisten the skin and keep it hydrated.
2. Scan the ingredients
You will find the list of the ingredients mentioned on the moisturizer label. While most people do not look into it, I would highly recommend you to.
- Emollients act as hydrating agents and are a must for any moisturizer. They prevent hydration loss and retain the skin moisturizer rightly. It can be in the form of fatty acids, essential oils or even butter such as shea or cocoa.
- Ceramides act as a barrier against bacteria and pollution. They also prevent signs of ageing and help your skin look young. Ceramides help in holding the skin together and restoring the skin’s barrier. By the end of it, the skin feels completely moisturized and plumper. Ceramides and niacinamide also enhance the skin’s lipid production.
- Just like emollients, even humectants work towards hydration. They increase the skin’s moisture content to a considerate level by creating a barrier and locking in all the moisture. As a result, this improves the overall skin texture.
- Occlusives are another essential ingredient that acts as a barrier to prevent further moisture loss. It is generally in the form of an oily or waxy ingredient like beeswax, cocoa butter, petroleum or carnauba wax. It is the most productive element to prevent the skin from external factors like cold air and wind.
3. How sensitive is your skin?
Some of the moisturizers contain fatty alcohol. It acts as a thickener and protects the skin from moisture loss. However, if your skin is super sensitive, it can be an irritant and cause unpleasant reactions to the skin. If you find even a little bit of redness on your skin post moisturizer application or feel a little itchy, then you must opt for a moisturizer free of alcohol.
4. Hyderator is a must
Lots of moisturizer ingredients smoothen and soften the skin. But not all of them are capable of keeping the skin hydrated. Ingredients like shea butter, aloe vera, vitamin B, glycerin, oatmeal, etc., are exceptional with their hydration properties.
5. Fragrance or unscented
Some of the moisturizers are packed with heavy scents, and some are unscented. Even the unscented ones are not exactly fragrance-free. Some powerhouse fragrances can feel allergic to the skin and can have brutal skin reactions. Therefore, indulging in the one suitable to your skin is recommended. Unscented moisturizers also contain synthetic fragrances, which can trigger skin reactions. And that’s why we even recommend doing a patch test.
6. Natural vs organic ingredients
Moisturizers that contain natural products use ingredients from botanical sources, and organic ones use ingredients that are completely without chemicals and harmful toxins. Both have their set of pros.
Whilst some of the moisturizers are only capable of moisturizing, some act as a two in one product. That means some moisturizers also contain all the sunscreen properties and can block UVA and UVB rays of the sun. If you are using a two in one, you don’t need sunscreen at all. Otherwise, apply the moisturizer and follow it with sunscreen.
8. Don’t neglect the labels
Every skin product comes with a label, and this definitely looks unappealing. But hey, it’s an important aspect to look into. Some of the labels read as ‘allergy tested’. This means they are most likely not to cause any kind of skin allergy. At the same time, some of the labels say ‘non-comedogenic’. It means the product will not clog pores. It may or may not be a 100% guarantee, but the creams definitely stick as much to their claims.
9. Test the texture
Of course, the moisture texture also matters. Choose the texture depending upon your skin type. We are here to discuss the best moisturizers for dry skin. So, you must look into the slightly heavy and more creamy than the usual one. This will work towards locking in all the skin moisture.
10. Choose as per your age
Like our wardrobe, we must also change our skin products as per our age. We cannot use the same moisturizer in our 20s, 30s and 40s. Skin is a living organism that breathes and evolves with time. So, it is important to adapt your moisturizer with time. With age catching up, the skin tends to get dryer.
Recommended Reading: Under-eye cream vs serum: Which one should you pick?
The right way to apply a moisturizer
To derive maximum moisturizer benefits, applying it the right way is important.
- Moisturizers act as a skin barrier. Therefore, it is important to apply to moist skin. The best time to use a moisturizer is right after a shower. It will ensure maximum skin absorption.
- Take the moisturizer in sufficient quantity. Neither too much nor very less. Rub it in your palms and gently move it along with the directions of the hair follicles.
- Moisturizers, in the form of a cream, are generally more evenly distributed and stay longer on the skin.
- The periodicity of the moisturizer application depends on the amount of skin dryness. However, it is recommended to apply at least twice a day.
- If you want to heal your wounded or inflamed skin, choose a moisturizer with cooling effects.
Some Moisturizing Tips
You are now very well familiar with the process of selecting one. Allow me to guide you with some moisturizing tips which make the process effective and are easy to follow. Besides grabbing on to the best moisturizer in India, following these guidelines is equally important.
- Apply the moisturizer right after you shower. Let your skin be a little damp.
- Do not compromise on the brand.
- You can use a facial serum under your moisturizer to double your benefits.
- Avoid hot water while washing your face.
- To be on the safer side, do a patch test of the product.
- Use a moisturizer twice a day.
- Do not wait for your skin to get too dry.
- Check the moisturizer ingredients before buying. Don’t overdo the caffeine.
- Do not apply in excess expecting out of the world results. The build-up will clog your pores in thick layers, which can provoke breakouts. At the same time, do not under moisturize.
- Always use a mild moisturizer.
- There is no reason for you to stop at your jawline. Apply it on your neck as well.
- Elbows and knees are mostly a victim of dry patches. Always moisturize that area.
Recommended Reading: The 11 Best Hair Dryers in India 2023: Expert Reviews
Things to avoid while choosing a moisturizer
While you are looking out for the best moisturizer for dry skin, the DONTs are as important as the DOs. So, here are a few aspects you must avoid while choosing a moisturizer.
- A mild fragrance should not be problematic for the skin. However, a strong fragrance can cause allergic reactions to the skin. So, make sure to stay away from it. Also, added colours should be a big NO.
- Limit the use of steroid cream. Overusing it can lead to thinning of the skin.
- Body friendly ingredients may or may not be good for the skin. Elements such as shea butter, waxes, mineral oil, lanolin, etc., work amazingly well for the body but can cause acne and clog pores on the face.
- Many companies still use silicones because they make the moisturizer feel velvety and smoothen the skin surface. However, they fill in the pores and slow down the skin’s natural exfoliation process. This will lead to dull and dry skin in the long term. So, always avoid this ingredient and opt for a silicone-free moisturizer.
- Moisturizers with an inflated concentration of PUFAs, popularly known as polyunsaturated fatty acids, can age your skin substantially.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Recommended Reading: Top 11 Best Hair Straighteners in India 2023: Recommendation by the Experts
One Last Thought
Dry and damaged skin is definitely not a pleasant sight. But the good news is that you can act upon it and eventually get rid of it. All you need is the best moisturizer for dry skin!
As bitter as reality sounds, we are victimized by external factors like humidity, pollution, dust, exposure to irritants, harsh weather conditions, wind and the environment. And that’s why a moisturizer is a must today for each one of you! To put things straight, no one around wants to look older than they are. A moisturiser is a must to keep your skin looking juvenile and fresh!
Skincare should be an important part of your daily routine. You are blessed with the face you have in your 20s, but it’s completely on you how you maintain in your 30s, 40s and 50s!
And that’s a wrap to my blog. See you soon!
- 5 Reasons Why The Havells HD3101 1200W Compact Hair Dryer Is The Perfect Addition To Your Grooming Kit - September 9, 2022
- Syska HD1610 Hair Dryer – How It’s Basic Yet One Of The Most Convenient Hair Dryers! - September 8, 2022
- Can You Get Salon-like Results With The AGARO HD-1120 2000W Hair Dryer? Read This Post To Find Out - September 8, 2022