Do you know what the best part is? Cleaning an air cooler is way simpler than an air conditioner. And guess what, you don’t need to call home a professional to do so. You can do it all by yourself. Yes! Because I am here to tell you how to clean air cooler in some simple and easy ways.
Let me go back on my words; it’s simple but essential. You need to give enough attention to an air cooler as much as you would to any other appliance. If you find yourself being heedless or lazy, be ready for unpleasant consequences. Even the cooling capabilities of the best air coolers will eventually deteriorate. What’s the point of having one, then? Secondly, the appliance will not last as long as it should. This is inviting an uncalled expense – a new air cooler. So, why not take that extra effort to maintain the appliance, especially when it’s pretty much manageable.
How to clean Air Cooler?
I’ll break it down by referring to every air cooler component to simplify the already easy process. So, you know exactly what to do.
How to clean air cooler water tank?
The first thing you need to be promising about is to change the water after every use. Oh, common, don’t be reckless about it. Not emptying the water tank is going to leave an unpleasant odour and unhygienic environment behind. And this, in turn, will become an ideal situation for bacteria growth. You certainly don’t want that, do you? So, let’s find out how to clean air cooler water tank.
- Step 1: Begin with unplugging the appliance. Then remove the panels and cooling pads.
- Step 2: Detach the water tank and drain out the water completely.
- Step 3: Make use of a soft sponge to wipe off the inside completely. Remember one thing; dirt can stop the air cooler from cooling completely.
- Step 4: A mixture of water and vinegar is highly recommended to sanitize the water tank. Let both be in equal quantities. Let the mixture be in the water tank for about an hour or two.
- Step 5: Then rinse the tank with room temperature water. You could also use a mild liquid soap while doing so.
- Step 6: Use a clean cloth to wipe it off.
How to clean air cooler motor?
The motor is the protagonist of an air cooler. Hence, it would help if you were sure of it being in the best condition. The better the air cooler motor performs, the cooler your room will get. While you may feel that cleaning the air cooler motor is a technical job because it is an electrical component, you are mistaken. You only have to lubricate it with oil. Simply put a few drops of oil at different places throughout the motor. And it’s done. You need no professional help. Well, if you find something terribly wrong with the motor. Then yes, you can call an expert.
How to clean the air cooler pads?
These heat exchangers are also very essential for the working of the air cooler. Clogged cooling pads can put some tremendous weight on the air cooler motor. This will lead to decreased airflow and increased power consumption. Therefore, the cooling pads need to be absolutely clean.
- Step 1: Unplug the appliance and detach the cooling pads.
- Step 2: Make a mixture of vinegar and water. Adding some lemon juice to it will be a great idea.
- Step 3: Submerge the cooling pads in this mixture and let them rest for 30-40 minutes.
- Step 4: Once done, remove the cooling pads and set them aside. Let them dry out naturally.
- Step 5: You must be sure of the cooling pads being completely dry before placing them back.
Tip: I would highly recommend you replace the cooling pads every year.
How to clean air cooler dust filters?
If you haven’t used your air cooler for a while, be ready to find some dirt and debris sitting on it. And that’s not a big problem. But not cleaning it can certainly be troublesome. In fact, the dirty filter can diminish the efficiency of the air cooler tremendously. Cleaning the dust filters is absolutely effortless.
- Step 1: Remove the filters.
- Step 2: Submerge them in a liquid mixture of water and soap. You can skip adding vinegar or lemon juice.
- Step 3: There is no fixed time for this. But once you watch all the dirt releasing and leaving the filters completely, you can remove it from the water.
- Step 4: You could do a second round in fresh water and liquid mixture for best results. Please do not think of putting them back in the previous water solution.
- Step 5: Once you remove it, leave the filters aside and let them dry out naturally.
- Step 6: Put them back only once completely dry.
In case you are constantly figuring out how to get cool air from the air cooler, this one is s small step towards it. Clogged filters can block the airflow phenomenally.
How to clean air cooler fan blades?
Prolonged use will certainly result in your fan blades getting dirty and grimy. Unclean fan blades will restrict the movement, stopping the air cooler from providing cold air. Hence, you must pay attention to it. Cleaning the fan blades is literally uncomplicated and quick. All you have to do is wipe it with a damp cloth. In fact, be careful about not putting water directly onto it. It would be best to do this once in 15 days.
Things to keep in mind for Air Cooler cleaning
You are now well aware about how to clean each component of this cooling appliance. However, there are certain aspects I would like you to keep in mind while doing it.
- Do not even attempt to clean the cooler when the plug is on.
- Every time you use a cloth, make sure it’s absolutely clean.
- Citrus is bliss to cleaning.
- Keep the strong detergents away.
- Using essential oils can do magic.
- Do not re-install the components when they are wet.
- Stagnant water is a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Cleaning is not magical. Replace the appliance when required.
One Last Thought
I have often come across queries like how to clean Symphony air cooler or how to clean Kenstar air cooler. Guys, just follow my simple guideline. Here’s something I would like to mention. Cleaning the exterior is as important as cleaning the interior. You do not have to do anything extraordinary, though. Just pick up a damp cloth and begin wiping it. In fact, that’s all you need to do. Keep the chemicals and detergents far away.
Secondly, six-month maintenance by a professional will benefit you in many ways. The appliance will last you long and with maximum efficiency. So, you can be worry-free for some time.
Hey, take no chances with the dreading heat in India. Pull up your socks and get going.
In case you are figuring out Which is the Best Air Cooler in India 2023? Top 11 Picks, don’t miss our blog!
Any more doubts on how to clean the air cooler?
- A Full Analysis Of The Samsung 198 L 4-Star Inverter Single Door Refrigerator: Can It Be What You Need? - December 12, 2022
- A Close Look At The Modest Yet Powerful LG 190 L Inverter 4-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022
- Everything You Need To Know About The New Godrej 190 L 5-Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022