Some may be surprised by this one, as Lenovo laptops aren’t exactly known for gaming; most are well-known for their general-purpose effectiveness. However, the brand produces outstanding gaming laptops, as evident by this model. Let us tell you about what it brings to the table.
|Dimensions||36 x 25.6 x 2.3 cm|
|Display||15.6 Inches FHD|
|RAM Expansion Support||Upto 16 GB|
|Storage||1 TB HDD + 256GB SSD|
|Processor||AMD Ryzen 5 5600H|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB|
|Battery Life||4.5 Hours|
- Has a remarkable display with vivid colours, along with dynamic and powerful audio.
- Comes with high-speed storage for faster game load speeds.
- Is equipped with a powerful NVIDIA GPU and a high 120 Hz refresh rate.
- Comes with a 3-month Xbox GamePass Ultimate subscription to offer an extensive library of games.
- Great cooling ensures that the laptop can handle the heaviest tasks.
- Thin body.
- Has an attractive colour palette.
- Cools effectively even at high loads.
- Top-tier display.
- The fan is slightly noisy.
- The keyboard feels a little off.
- Battery life is mediocre.
Why We Like Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 AMD Ryzen 5 Gaming Laptop
Smooth Navigation: The IdeaPad Gaming 3 comes with a powerful AMD processor- one which is considered one of the best mid-range CPUs on the market. It can speed up to 4.2 GHz, so it can be extremely fast if needed. You can run the laptop smoothly even if you’ve got a big process running in the background. There are also 6 cores rather than the usual 4 found at this price, so multitasking won’t be an issue.
Gaming Ready: To begin, it has 8 GBs of RAM (expandable up to 16 GB) and hybrid storage to provide both power and practicality. The 1 TB HDD will provide enough room to install many games, while the SSD will deliver speedier game loading times. Most hybrid storage packages only include 128 GB SSDs, while this one offers a 256 GB one. So you’ll get the best benefits from both storage types. The GTX 1650 is also one of the most powerful GPUs on the market; many of the most recent games can be played at high settings with 50-60 FPS.
High-end Display: Now, let’s talk about the display, as it certainly deserves mention. The IdeaPad Gaming 3 is nearly bezel-less, which provides a lot of immersion once paired with the other good qualities of the display- especially the FHD IPS display and 120 Hz refresh rate.
Has 5 Extra Ports: In terms of ports, it has more than enough for gaming and general use. There are 2 USB 3.2 ports, 1 HDMI 2.0 port, an Ethernet connection and a Type C port for maximum versatility.
Cools Easily: With superb ventilation, 3 heat pipes, and a 35% higher heat dissipation area, the IdeaPad Gaming 3 stays cool even under high loads. The thermal design ensures that the CPU and GPU can function at their best for extended periods without any throttling.
Notes About The Issues
Battery Life Could Be Longer: The battery life is one of the few weak points of the IdeaPad Gaming 3. It only lasts 4.5 hours, which may not be enough for some gamers. However, this is to be expected with gaming laptops as they require more power than general-purpose laptops; you’re usually supposed to use them while they’re plugged to direct power.
Keyboard Needs To Be Built Better: Don’t take this the wrong way; the keyboard on this laptop is still incredibly durable. Our gripe is with the feel of the keys. They’re a little wobbly, and the backspace key feels a bit stiff.
Recommended Reading: 16 Most Important Features of Laptops You Can’t Ignore
Frequently Asked Questions
Recommended Reading: Got Yourself A New Laptop? Here’s How To Set It Up
The Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 is a laptop meant for budget-conscious gamers who want a machine that won’t disappoint them easily. It has a powerful CPU and GPU that can handle any game you throw at it. Then there’s expandable storage and a bezel-less display for extra convenience and maximum immersion. Plus, the thermal design ensures that the laptop stays cool even when pushed to its limits. So, if you’re looking for a good mid-range laptop, the IdeaPad Gaming 3 should definitely be at the top of your list.
- Why You Should Try The Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 120Hz Gaming Laptop – A Laptop Designed To Last - November 8, 2022
- A Review Of The HP Pavilion Gaming DK2100TX 15.6-inch Laptop – The best 11th Gen Mid-range Laptop - November 8, 2022
- Game Lag-Free With The Classic Acer Aspire 7 AMD Ryzen 5 5500U 15.6-inch Gaming Laptop – An In-depth Review - October 30, 2022