LG products are always reliable, and many of them have made it to top-tier lists every year. This LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star AI DUAL Inverter Split AC is no exception; it’s easily one of the best ACs in India 2022. It comes with excellent general performance and some of the latest features on the market.
- Product Dimensions: 21 x 99.8 x 34.5 cm
- Capacity: 1.5 Tons
- Type: Split AC
- Energy Efficiency: 5 Star
- Inverter Technology: Yes
- Yearly Power Consumption: 818.81 Kw/H
- Noise Level: 31dB
- Voltage: 230V
- Stabiliser Free: Yes
- Dual Inverter Compressor provides faster cooling, saves electricity and makes less noise.
- The Active Energy Control feature reduces power consumption by up to 57%.
- 100% copper condenser coil increases durability and assures high efficiency.
- Ocean Black Protection technology protects from sand, salt, industrial smoke and pollutants.
- HD Filter purifies the air by removing various harmful substances like bacteria, viruses, dust etc.
What We Like
- Inverter compressor.
- 5-star energy rating.
- Optimised for enhanced power savings.
- Himalaya Cool Technology provides faster cooling than a standard turbo mode.
- 100% copper condenser coil.
- Protection against sand and pollutants.
What We Don’t Like
- The filter net needs frequent maintenance.
- The installation service is mediocre.
- A model with Wi-Fi doesn’t work particularly well.
Reason To Buy The LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star AI DUAL Inverter Split AC
Perfect For Use In City Areas: The Ocean Black Protection keeps industrial smoke and sand away from damaging the internal components of this AC, so it won’t break down easily. It’s highly resistant to corrosion, too, so you can use it for a long time.
Advanced AI Compressor: Now, let’s discuss the Dual Inverter Compressor. It can automatically adjust the compressor’s speed depending on the heat load. As a result, it cools the room much faster, makes less noise and helps keep electricity bills low by preventing energy wastage. Something else to note about the compressor is that LG gives a 10-year warranty on the compressor. You can take that as an indicator of how good the build quality of this product is.
Zero Hotspots: One of the downsides of a normal split AC is that it only has a 2-way swing mechanism. That makes it harder for such ACs to spread air around the room. That’s not the case with this model; it has a 4-way swing, which means the air will go out in all directions.
Pure Copper Condenser Coil: This particular aspect greatly affects the air conditioner’s efficiency. Firstly, the product can provide better cooling performance because of the copper condenser. Besides that, the coils will last longer, as copper is less prone to corrosion.
HD Filter: This one is certainly another notable feature. It allows the AC to protect you from the harmful effects of air pollution. This technology purifies indoor air by removing various toxic substances like bacteria, viruses, pollen, and dust. Once we started testing the AC out in a room, we monitored the air quality and watched it clear up quickly. If you’re allergic to certain things, this AC will definitely be worth more than a standard AC.
Convertible Mechanism: The convertible cooling system is a must-have feature if you like to stay ahead of the curve. It’s one of the latest innovations amongst ACs, and one of our favourite features. The 6 Cooling Modes are optimised with variety in mind; you can have just the amount of cooling power you need in any situation while still having fine control over power consumption.
Some Issues We’ve Noticed With The AC
Now, let’s go into some details about the cons we’ve mentioned so you have a better idea of what you’re dealing with.
Frequent Filter Maintenance: The filter is effective, but its placement is a downside. It’s installed horizontally at the top. As a result, it’s directly exposed to dust. If you opt for this AC, you’ll have to clean it every few weeks, or even every week, if you live in an industrial area. There’s no effect on the performance long term, though. Just keep it clean, and you can enjoy powerful cooling.
Issues With Installation: For one, our experts found the installation team to be rather lacking. Field research suggests the same, too- there are customers complaining about terrible customer service when it comes to installation. On top of that, there seem to be unmentioned additional costs as well. As such, we’d recommend keeping some extra money handy if you purchase this model.
Wireless Controls Could Be Better: We haven’t picked the Wi-Fi variant of this model for a reason. The software isn’t properly optimised for this AC, and the connection doesn’t always feel responsive. If you need an AC with Wi-Fi, look into models from Panasonic instead.
Frequently Asked Questions
At first glance, the AC’s appearance alone looks striking and powerful. There’s not much that we can say against it. If you want an AC with advanced features that run well, this is one you can reliably get.
For details on the price and availability of this AC, feel free to visit our post on the 9 best air conditioners in India 2022, which we always keep updated with the latest information.
- Which are the 7 Top Best 1.5 Ton Split AC in India 2022?
- Top 9 Best Inverter AC (Air Conditioners) in India 2022: Reviews from the Expert
- Which are the Top 9 Best AC Under 40000 in India (2022)? Expert Speaks
- The 9 Best AC Under 30000 in India (2022): Expert Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- A Full Analysis Of The Samsung 198 L 4-Star Inverter Single Door Refrigerator: Can It Be What You Need? - December 12, 2022
- A Close Look At The Modest Yet Powerful LG 190 L Inverter 4-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022
- Everything You Need To Know About The New Godrej 190 L 5-Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022