Hey, music enthusiast! I am so glad to have you back. Your passion for music makes me want to guide you more on having a mesmerizing experience. Neckbands vs True wireless earbuds – ever had this confusion?
Today, the market is swamped with enormous options. So, if you are muddled about which one to pick, don’t blame yourself. Whether you are looking to hearten your run/workout, travel companion, sound solution for your work call, or just to indulge in some soothing music before going to bed, deciding on one model can be a bit tricky.
But hey, what am I here for? You are in for a treat here, my friend! Expect a detailed usage of each one of them along with their pros and cons. It doesn’t end here!
In the end, I will tell you which type of headphones is right for you.
What are neckband headphones?
The aesthetic neckband headphones have taken the market by storm with their comfort, style and fineness. The distinctive modern design can peacefully sit around your neck, so you don’t have to deal with detangling the wires. The unique position ensures that the headphones do not move when the user does.
The neckband headphones typically offer two types – in-ear and on-ear.
1. On-ear neckband headphones
The on-ear neckband headphones have the earpiece sit on the ears (as the name says it). These neckbands make a loop over the ears before they can reach behind the neck. So, these headphones are facile to hang onto. The on-ear neckbands have low noise isolation. Therefore, they are well suited for a noisy work environment. You can hang on to them but still be sure of not missing any important information.
2. In-ear neckband headphones
The in-ear neckband headphones spout out the earbuds through the arms via the cords. You can cinch them into your ears and be sure of it staying. They come along with an inline mic. So, you can have some effortless communications. In contrast to the on-ear headphones, these have a significant high noise isolation potential. You can pamper yourself to an immersive sound experience. Also, the in-ear headphones have a stiff neckband and snuggly fit within the ear. So, they are an ideal companion to runners.
Advantages of neckband headphones
- The sporty design makes these headphones look aesthetically pleasing.
- They provide minimal discomfort or inconvenience when in use.
- The neckband headphones have great battery life. This means less charging and more music and talking.
- There is no hassle of detangling the cable.
- These headphones provide convenient control.
- They are light in weight.
- It has a high level of portability. You only have to hang it around your neck.
- You can comfortably wear the neckband headphone during a workout, run, travel or even a trek.
- They are water and sweat resistant.
- These headphones deliver an authentic sound quality.
Disadvantages of neckband headphones
- Even slight damage to the band or wire can hamper the functioning of the headphones.
- The placement of the mic would be moderately away from the mouth. So, it could be slightly inconvenient to use while talking.
- You will not experience true wireless freedom, unlike the counterpart.
- If the wire around the neckband is not robust, it can break down easily.
- Some can find it irritating to have headphones around the neck.
What are True Wireless Earbuds?
In very little time, these tiny little wonders have captured the market and how! The concept of cutting the cord completely between your device and canals has been quite a hit. These earbuds rely on Bluetooth for the transmission of any sound to the ear. Most of them flash a premium look and are sure to give an extra oomph factor.
These headphones come along with a charging case to provide power supply flexibility at every given point. The best earbuds are packed with powerful battery life and a microphone.
Allow me to elaborate a bit on the most popular type of earbuds – in-ear earbuds.
1. In-ear earbuds
The in-ear earbuds comfortably sit inside the ear canals. The placement is such that they are closest to the ear-drum. Therefore, they provide exceptional sound quality. In-ear earbuds fill up the ear entrance completely. So, they can effectively seal all the external sounds. However, be sure of choosing the right size. If the fit is not accurate, the sound quality will be poor. Also, there will be a high probability of the earbuds falling out. These little monsters have dominated the market, and how!
Advantages of True wireless earbuds
- It has a futuristic design.
- The freedom of movement with earbuds is exceptional.
- They are incredibly compact and portable.
- Truly wireless! This means there is zero hassle of adjusting cables.
- The case ensures that the earbuds can be powered in anytime, anywhere.
- The best earbuds deliver high-quality sound.
- They are stylish and sophisticated looking.
- You can pair them with televisions, mp3, tablets, laptops and more.
- Earbuds are available in exclusive styles and colours.
- They are petite but have a wide range of control.
- Two people can share a pair of earbuds comfortably.
Disadvantages of True wireless earbuds
- The tiny size of earbuds is not just an advantage but also a disadvantage. They can easily be misplaced.
- Earbuds require frequent powering.
- The battery life of earbuds can deteriorate with time.
- Some may find the price to be steep.
- Studies show that earbuds can give birth to hearing loss.
- If the earbud does sit perfectly in your ear, you may find it uncomfortable.
Our blog has some really cool and well-researched options – Which are the Best Earbuds in India (2023)? Top 11 Picks. Don’t miss out!
Neckbands vs True Wireless Earbuds: Which one should you choose?
Here’s a catch. Both these devices have their set of upsides and downsides. So, you need to decide which ones make a difference to you.
1. Which one has a better sound quality?
Certainly, the sound quality is a very crucial parameter to influence your buying decision. Firstly, let me tell you that if you pick either of these top models, you are sure to enjoy an exclusive sound quality. The glitch is when you compromise a bit on the model. If you happen to select a budgeted neckband headphone and wireless earbud, the latter is sure to disappoint you.
The cheaper earbuds tend to get disconnected from the source connection pretty often. This is sure to impact the sound quality as well. On the contrary, you will not face any such issue with neckband style headphones, regardless of your selected model.
Verdict: Neckband headphones over true wireless earbuds.
2. Which one is more affordable?
Both these devices have budget-friendly options as well. However, there is a list of problems that could arise when you compromise on the price. For example, the quality will not be premium, absence of noise cancellation feature, poor connectivity, short life span and mediocre sound quality. Investing in these headphones will be absolutely senseless.
Here’s a note I would like you to make – You will be prone to more unpleasant circumstances with wireless earbuds compared to neckband headphones.
Verdict: Neckband headphones over true wireless earbuds.
3. Which one is more portable?
Undoubtedly, both these types of headphones are portable. You can take them along wherever you go. Nevertheless, earbuds score an edge over the neckband headphones on the portability front. They are lighter in weight. They are smaller in size. They are certainly more compact. Guess what? They can easily fit in your denim pocket as well.
Verdict: True wireless earbuds over neckband headphones.
4. Which one is better looking?
I am not sure if this is a matter of concern for you. But it is a strong point of comparison. Neckband headphones set forth a sporty look, while wireless earbuds are more stylish and voguish. So, this factor is definitely a personal choice. Choose the one that rocks your boat!
What’s the best use of each one of them?
Last but not least! It is the most important factor to decide which is the right pair of headphones for you. It’s simple. What are your requirements? Each of these headphones is best suited for different activities.
Neckband headphones: Ideal for running, workout, trekking, travelling, cycling
True wireless earbuds: Ideal for walking, travelling, cycling, listening to music, talking on the phone
One Last Thought
Neckbands vs True Wireless Earbuds: did I manage to get you an answer to this?
Are you still on the fence? I am going to put an end to all your confusion right away.
If you are slightly negligent or absent-minded by nature, there are high chances that you misplace the tinny looking wireless earbuds. So, it may not be an ideal option for you.
While neckband headphones are around the neck like an ID card, they are not meant for you if you find this irritating and uncool.
So, make your own choice. Because you are the right person to do so.
Also, our blog – 11 Best Bluetooth Earphones in India 2023 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide, has some modern and pocket-friendly options. Do you want to miss out?
- Need An Entry-Level NVIDIA GTX 1650 Laptop? Check Out The ASUS TUF Gaming A15 15.6″ FHD AMD Ryzen 5 4600H - December 19, 2022
- Why You Should Try The Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 120Hz Gaming Laptop – A Laptop Designed To Last - November 8, 2022
- A Review Of The HP Pavilion Gaming DK2100TX 15.6-inch Laptop – The best 11th Gen Mid-range Laptop - November 8, 2022