We’ve reviewed many excellent Philips products on our site, but the Philips HP8100/46 Purple 1000W Hair Dryer stands out thanks to its impressive performance and low price tag. This hair dryer is suitable for all sorts of hair types, and it comes with a powerful 1000W motor. There’s a bit more to it, though. Read on to see why we consider it one of the best hair dryers.
What We Like
- Its compact shape and hook make it simple to store and transport.
- Drying is quick and precise thanks to advanced concentrator technology and a quick-heat head.
- Despite the rapid heating, Philips’ Thermoprotect ensures no strand is damaged.
- There are more than enough heat and speed options to accommodate most hair types.
Reasons To Buy
- Good value for money.
- Ideal for travels.
- Convenient to use.
- Good hair safety.
- Sturdy build quality.
Reasons To Avoid
- Less heat and speed options.
- Makes some noise.
- No cool shot.
5 Facts About The Philips HP8100/46 Purple 1000W Hair Dryer
1. Special Concentrator Design: Though this hair dryer appears simple, it includes a few useful features. The narrow concentration is our favourite of the bunch. It allows you to direct the airflow to a certain area, making it easier to style your hair or touch up a specific region.
2. Quick Heat Up Time: The 1000W motor ensures that this hair dryer heats quickly. In fact, it only takes much less than a minute for it to be fully operational. This is great news for those who are always in a hurry but only want to own a light and simple dryer.
3. Good Combination Of Speed And Heat Settings: You won’t be getting a lot of adjustment settings on this hair dryer. However, the two options – high and low – will be more than enough for most people.
4. Perfect For Travels: Like to style your hair on the go? This hair dryer is definitely for you. It’s small enough to be transported without any issues whatsoever. It’s fairly lightweight, too, weighing only 300g. In fact, it’s one of the lightest models we’ve come across, with only one other high-quality hair dryer having a similar weight.
5. Superb Hair Protection: We tested the Philips HP8100/46 Purple 1000W Hair Dryer on various hair types, and we’re happy to report that it’s suitable for all hair types. This is thanks to Philips’ Thermo protect feature, which kicks in when the temperature gets too high, preventing damage to your hair and speeding up the drying process.
Some Notes About The Issues
Needs Extra Speed And Heating Options: The only problem we have with this hair dryer is that it doesn’t offer a lot of speed or heat settings. This might not be an issue for those with normal hair, but those with thick or curly hair might find the lack of options slightly limiting.
Makes Some Noise: The Philips HP8100/46 Purple 1000W Hair Dryer is a bit noisy at the high-speed setting. However, that’s inconsequential and isn’t the result of any issues with the performance. You’ll be able to overlook this particular issue considering the fast drying speed and low price.
Recommended Reading: How to increase hair density? Know it from the Experts
Frequently Asked Questions
Recommended Reading: How to stop hair fall: 10 Secret Hacks from the Expert
The Philips HP8100/46 Purple 1000W Hair Dryer is an excellent alternative for people seeking a simple yet effective hair dryer. It is ideal for travel and is good for all hair types. The only concern we have with it is the lack of speed and heat settings, but that won’t be a problem for most. We’re confident you won’t be disappointed. As the cherry on top, it’s also one of the hair dryers that work exceptionally well with hair straighteners.
- 5 Reasons Why The Havells HD3101 1200W Compact Hair Dryer Is The Perfect Addition To Your Grooming Kit - September 9, 2022
- Syska HD1610 Hair Dryer – How It’s Basic Yet One Of The Most Convenient Hair Dryers! - September 8, 2022
- Can You Get Salon-like Results With The AGARO HD-1120 2000W Hair Dryer? Read This Post To Find Out - September 8, 2022