The Sony HT-S350 2.1Ch Dolby Digital Home Theatre System is an excellent choice for people seeking a high-quality surround-sound experience. It can provide that, but at a considerably lesser cost because it does not include additional rear speakers, making it a highly cost-effective option. This system also includes a built-in subwoofer, which offers powerful bass and excellent overall audio. Let’s look at what else this product from the pioneering audio accessory manufacturer has to offer.
|Main Unit Weight||2.4 kg|
|Main Unit Dimensions||90 x 6.4 x 8.8 cm|
|Subwoofer Weight||7.8 kg|
|Subwoofer Dimensions||19 x 38.2 x 39 cm|
|Advanced Surround Sound Formats||Dolby Digital|
|Available Connections||HDMI, Optical, Bluetooth|
- Offers extended support for TVs through HDMI ARC and Optical Input.
- Provides surround sound even without rear speakers. Force PRO Front Surround virtual surround sound technology puts you right at the heart of the movies without the need for additional rear speakers.
- Bluetooth support offers the convenience of playing content from several other devices.
- 7 audio modes make it great for watching every type of content.
- Crisp audio.
- Good overall audio quality.
- Booming bass.
- Solid Bluetooth connection.
- Easy to use remote.
- Several preset settings for different content.
- HDMI Cable doesn’t come in the box.
- No display shows up on TV.
Here’s Why You Should Buy The Sony HT-S350 2.1Ch Dolby Digital Home Theatre System
Immersive Audio Without The Cost Of Space: We consider this system one of the best home theatre systems because it produces immersive audio without using additional back speakers. That’s thanks to Force PRO Front Surround, a virtual surround technology. This is perfect for tiny rooms. Even in a 500-square-foot area, we clearly heard the details of the audio. However, we recommend using it in a 350 sq. ft. area for optimal performance.
Wall Mountable Design: This home theatre system also saves room in other ways. You don’t have to worry about where to store the slim main unit because it can be wall mounted. The subwoofer is slightly large yet small enough to be unobtrusive.
Offers Loud Audio: If you enjoy parties and are on a tight budget, you’re in for a treat. This system can be turned up to 11 without sacrificing audio quality. We could listen to music and watch movies at full volume without distortions. Don’t be fooled by the 320W power outage; it’s still significantly louder than any other 2.1 Channel speaker in a small or medium room.
Emphasises Dialogue Well: Among its 7 different audio modes, the HT-S350 has two modes that can help you clearly hear vocals in movies without losing other sounds. These modes, called “Cinema” and “News”, modify dialogue differently to make it clearer. The other modes are good too, and they cover all the other aspects of audio besides the vocals.
Straightforward to Use: Furthermore, setting up this sound system is easy. With the pre-positioned front speakers, the positioning is already taken care of. You don’t need an extra audio wire. Instead, you can use the HDMI ARC to route the audio to the soundbar. There are more connectivity options, such as Bluetooth, for connecting phones and tablets. If your TV/DVD/Blu-ray Disc player is old and uses optical cables, you can use this system’s optical input support.
Recommended Reading: Different Surround Sound Systems Explained: 2.0, 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1
Some Notes About The Issues
No User Interface: If there is one drawback to this product, it is that there is no display on the TV. This can make determining which settings you’re using challenging. There’s not even a visual indicator for volume. It’s not too much of a con, though, as you can get used to it over time.
Recommended Reading: 8 Mistakes You Must Avoid When Setting Up Your Home Theatre
Recommended Reading: 15 Simple Tips To Improve Home Theatre Sound Quality
We greatly appreciate this Sony HT-S350 2.1Ch Dolby Digital Home Theatre System. It’s not the best home theatre system out there in terms of powerful and immersive audio, but it’s not lacking either. You’ll still have far better audio than an average sound system. The lack of a display is easily overlooked when you factor in how easy it is to use and how good the features are. If you’re on a budget but still want an enjoyable sound system for your home, we highly recommend this one.
- Need An Entry-Level NVIDIA GTX 1650 Laptop? Check Out The ASUS TUF Gaming A15 15.6″ FHD AMD Ryzen 5 4600H - December 19, 2022
- Why You Should Try The Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 120Hz Gaming Laptop – A Laptop Designed To Last - November 8, 2022
- A Review Of The HP Pavilion Gaming DK2100TX 15.6-inch Laptop – The best 11th Gen Mid-range Laptop - November 8, 2022