The only way to tackle Indian summer is to invest in an effective and reliable AC brand. With each passing year, it is getting hotter. An air conditioner is no longer a luxury home appliance; it is a necessity. Rather most households have more than one AC at home.
The sweltering heat and intense humidity have compelled everyone to use this appliance throughout the year. So, it would be completely wrong if I call it a ‘summer special’ appliance. Years ago, an air conditioner was way more expensive, less feature-packed, impractically designed and not so user friendly. Manufacturers have, however, modified this appliance tremendously.
Who are the big brands in the business? I will speak about the top AC brands in India and what you should expect from them. I am certain that you are acquainted with these names. But maybe you are unaware of the exclusivity of each one of them.
Also, if you are getting a new cooling appliance for your home, you have landed on the right page. Because buying a renowned name will not just give you access to exceptional features but will also promise enhanced durability.
So, which are the best AC brands? Stay tuned to know it all.
AC brands are extensive. Indeed, the basic functioning is to deliver cool air. However, the special features of each one remain distinct. Today, I will pen down the top 10 AC brands in India and what you should expect from them. So, let’s get going.
Top 10 Air Conditioner Brands in India: What’s trending in 2023?
LG has substantially succeeded in changing the course of future technology. As the name spells, Life’s Good, the South Korean brand evolves air conditioners into technological masterpieces. LG has a smart range of split air conditioners and window air conditioners designed to keep your environment cool and comfortable. It is certainly one of the best AC brands in 2023 due to the spread of advanced features. Let’s speak about a few in brief.
- LG ThinQ app: The highlight of this cooling appliance is its compatibility with the LG ThinQ app. You can control your air conditioner completely from anywhere at any point in time. All you have to do is install the app on your smartphone. The built-in Wi-Fi smart control lets you access your AC even when you are not at home. Do you know what this means? After a long day’s work, you can come home to a cool environment.
- Voice Control: Now, control your appliance with the help of AI speakers. Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa will let you manage all the functions with just voice control. It is as convenient as just saying, “Google, set the air conditioner temperature to 21 degrees” or “Alexa, turn on LG AC”.
- Ocean Black Fin: LG air conditioners are equipped with Ocean Black Fin for unbeatable protection against dust, debris or any other harmful chemicals present in the air. This LG’s exclusive feature protects the appliance from all corrosive elements. It is designed for resistance against corrosion and rust. The entire process works towards making the product last longer, lowering repair costs and providing enhanced cooling. The special protection has three layers- hydrophilic layer, ocean black coating and fin protection.
- 5 in 1 convertible cooling: The 5-in-1 convertible feature delivers comfortable air throughout the year- summer, winter or monsoon. The convertible cooling mechanism ensures warm air in winters, cool air in summers and dry air in monsoons. This convertible cooling mechanism helps lower energy bills and enhances the cooling capacity to 110%.
- Price range: LG air conditioners are available in the price range of Rs 30,000-55,000. You can bring home this appliance with the easy facility of 8 EMIs and zero down payment. The EMI amount will depend on the price of the air conditioner.
Best LG Air Conditioners in India
To explore more LG features, you may also check – 9 Best Inverter AC (Air Conditioners) in India – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide.
This Japanese brand is the world’s leading air conditioner manufacturer. Daikin is backed with all superior technologies to overcome all the challenges of air. The ac brand offers premium quality appliances along with maximum efficiency.
Most Daikin ACs have high star ratings and are eco friendly. The USP of the appliance is a zero-noise operation. Let’s discover the features.
- Streamer Technology: The patented streamer technology can eliminate bacteria, mould and other hazardous substances. Along with staying cool, we must breathe clean air. Daikin’s new series of AC is equipped with this feature to keep users away from polluted air. It activates the oxygen and nitrogen molecules. It is the most effective way of eradicating all the allergens from the air.
- Neo Swing Compressor: The neo-swing compressor technology is designed to lower vibrations and friction. The smooth rotation also refrains the refrigerant gas from leaking during compression. This entire mechanism ensures the highest efficiency and lowest noise.
- New Control Airflow Mode: Coanda is the new control airflow mode integrated into the new Daikin JTKM series. This feature promises an effective and efficient flow of temperature and cool air. The Coanda airflow makes sure that no piece of furniture can obstruct the flow of air. So, you can expect cooling in every corner of the room.
- Intelligent Eye: The intelligent eye is a smart feature. The Daikin AC has a sensor, which detects the room when it is vacant. The temperature gets adjusted accordingly for optimum efficiency. Also, it switches to a complete operation in human presence. For example, when the room is vacant, this smart feature will adjust the temperature as per energy efficiency. Once the intelligent eye feature senses people, the airflow draft will be directed towards them.
- Dry mode: The dry mode feature is blissful in areas with high humidity levels. It works on eliminating all the moisture from the air. The mode makes the air comfortable, fresh and breathable. This process works like that- once you turn on the dry mode, the AC vents pull in all the humid air. This air is dried up by the evaporator and then released back.
- Voice and Wi-Fi control: You don’t need a remote to control your air conditioner anymore. You can conveniently monitor and regulate the operations just by installing an app on the phone. When the world refuses to listen, your air conditioner surely won’t. You can voice control the appliance with Alexa & Google assistance.
- Odourless operation: The smell-proof operation is designed in Daikin Air Conditioners to deliver a pleasant ambience. Once the cooling operation begins with auto fan speed, the smell-proof feature also gets activated. This feature eradicates all the appalling odour from the indoor unit.
- Price range: Daikin Air Conditioner can cost you anywhere between Rs 35,000-65,000. The company also promises an extended warranty of ten years on the compressor and five years on PCB. However, this is restricted to the inverter range of hi-wall split ACs.
Best Daikin Air Conditioners in India
Voltas is a six-decade-old Indian company founded in 1954 with the idea of fulfilling all common person needs. Not just India but Voltas is dominating the global market as well. You will be astonished to know that this Indian company has made its way to the tallest tower in the world. It is the only supplier for Burj Khalifa. Voltas is known as the ‘common mans’ air conditioner because of its economical and affordable range. However, there is no compromise on the features and quality. Let’s explore them.
- Turbo Cool Mode: The turbo cool feature is a relief on hot sunny afternoons. This mode is super comforting when you are dripping with sweat. It activates quick cooling at high speed. You can expect your room to reach a desired room temperature in no time.
- Superdry: Monsoon season can relatively escalate the humidity level. The super-dry mode works well in dehumidifying the room. The Voltas air conditioner operates on a predefined high cooling capacity. It simultaneously limits the indoor fan blower at a low speed. Plus, the dehumidifier mode can absorb all the additional moisture present in the air in no time. The room is prevented from damping during monsoons.
- Ambient Cooling: Voltas’ Air Conditioners promise superior cooling with their ambient cooling feature. The appliance can cool even if the outside temperature is at 52-degree celsius. So, you can expect maximum comfort no matter how high the temperature is.
- Nano Silver Technology: The Nano Silver Technology effectively releases silver ions to decontaminate the air and kill all the bacteria from the air. Not just bacteria, but this feature also prevents the growth of all microbes.
- Advanced air purification: Voltas Air Conditioners are equipped with multiple filters for advanced air purification. The antibacterial and dust filters can efficiently remove harmful particles like dust mites, bacteria, exhaust fumes, pollen and fungi spores. So, you can expect super clean air.
- DC Inverter Technology: Voltas ACs are powered with DC inverter technology for maximum efficiency. The technology maintains an ideal temperature and does not turn the compressor on and off frequently. This mechanism helps in the consumption of energy. So, you can expect maximum comfort at minimum power consumption. Hence, it is called the Voltas Adjustable Inverter AC.
- Price: Despite all the varied features they offer, Voltas ACs are priced pretty economically. The best Voltas air conditioners cost anywhere between Rs 25,000 – 55,000.
Best Voltas Air Conditioners in India
To know more on Voltas, you can glance through our blog on 7 Best 1.5 Ton Split AC in India 2023 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide.
Panasonic lives by the motto “A better life, a better world”. The No 1 AC brand in Japan promises a complete air solution for all user needs. It makes sure you meet the future in all its full glory with all its advanced technologies. The Japanese craftsmanship delivers uncompromising quality control worldwide. Along with futuristic features, Panasonic air conditioners undergo stringent durability tests.
- Jet Stream: As complicated as it sounds, the Jet stream feature is super beneficial to the user. The technology can achieve an airflow length of 25 meters. This long reach of airflow can comfortably reach every corner of the room. So, you can enjoy cool air even if you are at a distance from the appliance.
- Aerowings: Panasonic air conditioners have an Aerowing design to meet all the cooling requirements. The AC is equipped with flexible flaps for the perfect spread of air. Once the room is cooled, these flaps shift the cool air towards the ceiling. It makes shower cooling possible.
- Nanoe-G: Panasonic’s Nanoe-G feature works on purifying the air and making it clean. The technology comprises radicals and ions that effectively eliminate all the viruses and bacteria from the environment. This technology involves zero chemicals. So, it is completely safe.
- MirAIe: The MirAIe feature is incorporated in the appliance for supreme comfort, control and connectivity. You can now seamlessly regulate the temperature, cooling modes, know the status and auto-diagnose the AC unit, all through your phone. Users can achieve maximum flexibility by pre-setting the temperature for great comfort. By installing the MirAIe app, users can receive notifications about the services and manage the warranties.
- Shield Blue Technology: You can have lifelong comfort with Panasonic air conditioners. Be ready to experience quick transfer of heat and be worry-free of high corrosion resistance with its copper coil. The Shield Blu Technology is an extra anti-corrosive coating on both the indoor and outdoor unit. It prevents leakage & protects the copper tubing, and doubles the life of heat exchangers.
- Intelligent ECONAVI: The intelligent ECONAVI feature is a smart sensor. It can easily detect human activity and sunlight for the conservation of energy. The cooling power is adjusted as per the intensity of sunlight, human movement and location. This technology makes the appliance energy efficient and ensures the utmost comfort.
- Price range: Panasonic air conditioners fall in the price range of Rs 20,000 – 70,000. It depends on the star rating and the features.
Best Panasonic Air Conditioners in India
That’s not all; Panasonic air conditioners are equipped with more top-notch features. Check 11 Best Air Conditioners (AC) in India 2023- Reviews & Buyers Guide to know more.
Sanyo has been delivering quality performance since 1947. The Japanese company has established trust worldwide. The brand has introduced sky standard in air conditioners with all enhanced features and great cooling capabilities. Sanyo brings the latest inverter series with a rich legacy of the inverter series at a fairly decent price.
- Glacier Mode: Sanyo’s Glacier Mode ensures instant cooling no matter what the outside temperature is. Once you turn on this mode, the fan’s speed becomes 35% faster than normal. Therefore, it delivers instant cooling with just a touch of a button.
- Twin Rotor Compressor: Sanyo lives by the motto, “Live high on comfort and low energy bills. The advanced appliance features a twin-rotor compressor for maximum efficiency. The compressor adjusts the power depending upon the heat load. It makes the appliance high on efficiency and low on noise.
- Self Diagnosis: The self-diagnosis feature puts an end to uncertainty completely. Not knowing the problem with the appliance can be so frustrating. It can result in an expensive repair. With the help of this feature, Sanyo air conditioners make sure you don’t remain perplexed by any issues with your unit. The temperature display will show you the error briefly. You can fix it as soon as possible afterwards.
- Backlit Remote: The cooling appliance comes along with a ergonomically designed backlit remote. It ensures ease of operation by featuring glow-in-the-dark. You can control the temperature and turn on/off the appliance conveniently, even in the dark.
- Hydrophilic Fins: Sanyo is equipped with hydrophilic fins for superior protection against any corrosion or rust. The feature secures the air conditioner against any damage. It thereby increases the efficiency and the lifespan of the appliance.
- Price: Sanyo believes in delivering a generous price to the user. It ranges anywhere between Rs 25,000 – 45,000. I have spoken about differently priced Sanyo air conditioners on 9 Best Air Conditioners (AC) Under 40000 in India (2023) – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide. Don’t miss out!
Best Sanyo Air Conditioner in India
The South Korean company has been leading in the technology space for decades now. The international brand has managed a great impact in the Indian market. Along with all the hi-end features, Samsung benefits the user with its long warranty periods (e.g. Ten years on the compressor, five years on the copper condenser, five years on the PCB controller).
- 5 in 1 convertible mode: Samsung air conditioners feature the 5 in 1 convertible mode for different cooling needs. The home alone mode ensures perfect cooling for one all day long. It promises 40% power input for energy savings compared to the regular normal mode. Then there’s the eco mode, which is ideal for two people and with decent power savings. With 60% power input, you can expect round-the-clock cooling. On the other hand, the pleasant mode makes it comfortable for three people and high energy savings. The power input is at 80%. If you want to chill the room for four people, you can just keep using the normal mode. The power consumption is 100%, a middle ground that offers power and the AC’s basic power-saving mechanisms. The party mode is incorporated for special occasions when there are too many people in the room. When the AC runs at full blast, expect power consumption to be at its highest- around 120%.
- Voltage Fluctuation protector: Samsung features a voltage fluctuation protector to ensure that the air conditioner sustains low voltage and still function smoothly. The AC can operate anywhere in the range of 130V – 290V.
- Triple Protector Plus: Along with voltage protection, Samsung air conditioners are designed to sustain overloading and have an anti-corrosive coating. Due to this triple protection technology, you can expect long-lasting performance and enhanced durability. Samsung appliances are designed to sustain power surges and extreme heat.
- 8 Pole Inverter: Samsung air conditioners have introduced a new eight-pole inverter. The inverter mechanism works smartly and saves on energy. The air conditioner maintains an ideal temperature without any interruptions. Without using much energy, it promises a comfortable environment.
- S-Plasma Ion: Dust, debris, allergens, bacteria, pet dander and other contaminants in the air are easily eradicated with the S-Plasma Ion. Therefore, you can be sure of breathing in completely fresh and pure air. It can eliminate 99% of the allergy-causing and health-threatening contaminants.
- Bio Sleep: We all deserve a good night’s sleep. Samsung air conditioners are designed to take care of that as well. The cooling appliance ensures the right temperature at every stage. Before you fall asleep, Samsung lowers the temperature by a few degrees. When you enjoy a sound sleep in the middle of the night, the appliance escalates the temperature slightly to avoid any unpleasant chilled shivers. Post that, towards the wake-up stage, the air conditioner increases the temperature even more. So, you wake up feeling refreshed.
- Price range: Samsung air conditioners fall in the price range of Rs 25,000 – 70,000. You can enjoy no-cost EMI for 12 months and Rs 5,000 off on exchange benefits.
Samsung ranks high amongst the top 10 air conditioner brands in India.
Best Samsung Air Conditioner in India
Steeped in Japanese tradition, Hitachi ensures constant innovation along with cutting-edge products. The brand fosters comfort, reliability and maximum efficiency. Hitachi has a premium yet economical range. So, regardless of what your budget is, you are sure to find a Hitachi air conditioner. The AC brand ensures optimum cooling and heating. Let’s get to some more interesting details about it.
- 4-way swing: Hitachi stands out in the lot with its 4-way swing design. The swing moves towards the left, right, up and down. It means the cool air moves in every possible direction. Hence, you can be assured of the cooling reaching every corner of the room. The 4-way swing proves out to be useful for large size areas.
- Cooling and Heating: Hitachi’s cooling and heating technology promises a desired temperature. It conditions the temperature perfectly in summers and winters. The Kaze series from Hitachi can heat the room to an ideal temperature in winters with the help of its in-built heater. You only have to activate the heat mode. Hitachi’s hot and cold ACs can operate well within a wide temperature range of 15°C to 52°C.
- Stepless compressor control: Hitachi air conditioners are designed with an advanced microcontroller to avoid any interruption. The compressor checks the indoor and outdoor weather conditions and adjusts the speed accordingly.
- iSense Technology: Hitachi ACs are equipped with iSense technology. This sensor can detect human movement during sleep. Every one hour, the thermostat temperature gets increased by one degree if no movement is sensed. It happens for two consecutive hours, and then it maintains a constant temperature. The mechanism ensures a comfortable environment.
- Ambience Light: This one is a rather unique feature that promises to provide the utmost comfort. The ambience light mechanism is designed to ensure the perfect room temperature. Keep your room ambience in the most accurate form- warm or cold. The ambience light feature will also notify you so you can have better control over the appliance.
- Expandable Inverter: Hitachi is designed with a special inverter that can expand in gloomy temperature conditions. The expandable inverter lowers the humidity level drastically. It will help you achieve your desired temperature quickly.
- Price: Economical and premium. Hitachi air conditioners are available in the range of Rs 30,000 – 70,000. Choose your cooling appliance as per the features that are a priority for you.
Best Hitachi Air Conditioner in India
Whirlpool is headquartered in Benton Harbor, Michigan, United States. The American ac brand has made its name in air conditioners and other home appliances. The company established a base in India in the late 1980s with its state-of-art features to deliver futuristic solutions to its consumers. Before I get to the features, Whirlpool has won hearts on other grounds as well. Things you can expect? Assured call back within 2 hours, service engineers visit within 24 hours and more than 3500 service centres in India.
- 6th Sense IntelliComfort: The 6th sense technology is the USP of Whirlpool appliances. The IntelliComfort feature senses the real room temperature and the humidity level in the room. The air conditioner then delivers cool air accordingly. The appliance is embedded with an intuitive logic chip for comfort cooling. It enables smart communication between the indoor and outdoor units.
- MPFI technology: Whirlpool Window ACs are equipped with Multi-Port Fluid Injection technology (MPFI). With the help of this mechanism, the appliance has an intense cooling output. It expedites a quick exchange of heat using a unique 4*4 evaporator circuit design. The technology helps in identifying undesirable air present in the environment and eradicates it effortlessly.
- 4-in-1 filtration with an Anion Shield: Besides cooling the air, a Whirlpool air conditioner does much more. The 4-in-1 filtration with an anion shield can eliminate 99% of harmful PM 2.5 contaminants. So, along with the hot air, all the germs get eliminated as well. You can expect your room to be completely safe, hygienic and germ-free.
- 3D Cooling Technology: The 3D cooling technology integrated into Whirlpool air conditioners is super impressive. It puts an end to the wait for cool air. The 3D vents help in eliminating all the hot air from the room in no time. The cool air gets circulated in the meanwhile. This technology consolidated with a 12M long air throw delivers cool air like no other air conditioner.
- Dual Fan Compressor: The technology fosters the efficiency of the compressor. The cooling speed gets improvised by 50% compared to the normal. It means even in extreme heat; you are going to feel no discomfort.
- Price range: Whirlpool air conditioners fall in the bracket of Rs 25,000 – 60,000. The manufacturer offers no-cost EMI for upto 12 months. Even after the expired warranty period, you can expect the same care and benefits by purchasing an annual maintenance contract.
Best Whirlpool Air Conditioners in India
For more details on Whirlpool air conditioners, click on 9 Best Air Conditioners (AC) Under 30000 in India (2023) – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide.
Haier, the Chinese brand, has been delivering for the last 35 years. It eventually spread all across the world and is now ruling the world. The brand is known to be the no one brand of healthy and self-clean air conditioners globally. Based on the volume sales in 2020, Haier has a market share of over 46%. The AC brand lives by the motto of “Style, Savings & Smart”. Let’s explore the features.
- Self Clean Technology: Haier Air Conditioners feature self-clean technology. The technology features a mechanism to clean the appliance’s evaporator with just a touch of a button. It can happen conveniently by lowering the AC temperature and coating the surface with condensed water. The process of frosting eliminates all the dirt on the evaporator. It is then washed away while defrosting. So, you can expect to get full clean airflow.
- Precise dehumidification: Haier believes in the process of precise dehumidification. The air conditioner maintains a temperature range of 16-30 degrees. It lowers the excess moisture and humidity in the room. You have to select a comfortable level for dehumidifying the room. The mechanism ensures complete protection to the unit.
- LCD: Haier is designed with an LCD. The 3-in-1 display panel provides an accurate reading of temperature, humidity and PM 2.5.
- Triple inverter +: Haier air conditioners feature a triple integrated technology- PID inverter control, TLFM inverter control and A-PAM inverter control. This technology ensures 60% more energy savings, maximum comfort and complete reliability.
- Smart AC: You have the luxury to control your air conditioner from your smartphone with a simple touch. Download the Haier app on your phone and use the Wi-Fi feature built in the AC. You can also operate the appliance through voice assistants like Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- UVC Sterilization: Haier air conditioners are equipped with state-of-the-art UVC Sterilization. This mechanism disinfects the indoor air efficiently by killing all the germs and bacteria. It lives by the promise of delivering clean and healthy air.
- Price: Haier air conditioners fall in the bracket of Rs 25,000 – 45,000. You can also expect easy EMI options on all their appliances.
Best Haier Air Conditioner in India
Last on my list of top 10 air conditioner brands, certainly not the least.
In terms of sales volume and price range, Llyod is competing with Voltas. The brand aims at making happy homes with its unmatched performance and smart features. Global in visions and rooted in Indian values, Llyod has promised world-class features at an economical price. Aesthetically designed, technologically advanced and eco friendly, you are in store for all.
- BLDC Motor: Lloyd air conditioners are equipped with BLDC motors. They are designed to be more energy-efficient compared to conventional motors. To be a little more clear, they’re at least 30% more energy-efficient. So, you can expect a powerful performance from this AC brand.
- 4D suction technology: The 4D Air Suction technology provides you with a self-cleaning feature. All the excessive moisture gets eliminated effectively. This functioning prevents the formation of any foul smell and micro-organism growth.
- 18 degrees in 45 seconds: Lloyd has come with a new range of heavy-duty air conditioners to beat the heat. These appliances can cool the temperature to 18 degrees in only 45 seconds with their rapid cooling mechanism. This feature also helps in reducing the consumption of energy.
- 15m Air Throw: Lloyd air conditioners have a wide air output. On top of that, the ACs from this brand have a 15m long Air Throw, which is far more than most other ACs on the market can provide. So, these cooling appliances can cool down a large room in a short period. The cool air is capable of reaching the farthest point of the room.
- Can Cool at 60°: Most Llyod air conditioners have a strong cooling capacity of 5500 W. With heavy-duty motors, the appliances can cool the room quickly even if the outside temperature is at 60°C. Llyod makes use of an air-cooled electric controlled box technology to make sure of that.
- Price: When it comes to Llyod air conditioners, the higher the price, the higher the warranty period, capacity and star rating. It ranges between Rs 20,000 – 50,000.
Best Lloyd Air Conditioner in India
One Last Thought
And that’s a wrap to my curated list of the top 10 air conditioner brands in India. Well, it’s difficult to say which one is the best AC brand. You can make a choice depending upon what your priority is. For example: What features do you want? What’s your budget? How much energy savings are you wanting? Every brand has its exclusivity. So, choose yours wisely.
Feel free to check out our blog on the Common problems of an AC- and how to solve them! Trust me; the information you find will help you run your AC at its best.
- A Full Analysis Of The Samsung 198 L 4-Star Inverter Single Door Refrigerator: Can It Be What You Need? - December 12, 2022
- A Close Look At The Modest Yet Powerful LG 190 L Inverter 4-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022
- Everything You Need To Know About The New Godrej 190 L 5-Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022