There’s only little you can do to prevent yourself from the most taxing under-eye concerns. If you are a victim of it, my blog on under-eye cream vs serum is a saviour for you right now.
Looking after your delicate under-eye area is the need of the hour. Change of lifestyle, genetics, stress, age, environmental exposure, vitamin deficiency, pigmentation, fatigue, sleep disturbance, and insomnia are all major reasons that give birth to dark circles, wrinkles, puffiness, freckles, sagging, dullness and more under-eye issues. Well, whether you are a victim of one or more, it’s about time you invest some precious time and pay utmost attention to your under eyes.
And hey, if you are still not there yet, have you heard of the phrase prevention is better than cure? Sooner or later, you may witness one of those. While you are hoping hard not to, reality hits hard. So, let’s accept it because we are in this together. Eyecare is also a must after you cross a certain age. So, why not begin now?
You must have dropped by my blog on the best under eye creams in India and been slightly confused about what type of product you should indulge in. So, here I am, to do a detailed comparison and help you choose what’s right for you.
Under-eye cream vs serum: Should we begin?
Under-eye cream vs serum: Which one is better?
If anyone has ever told you that you look tired when you are not, blame it on your under-eyes. Well, it’s never too late, and you can start taking care of your under-eye skin anytime. The sooner, the better, of course! So, let me help you make a choice. Allow me to differentiate both the products based on a few parameters.
Eye creams are super thick and rich in texture. They have a high content of oil and low absorption of water. Exactly what makes the whole fabrication heavy duty. However, there is no defined texture, and it could be in the form of a moisturizer or a gel. Regardless of that, the consistency will always be thick.
On the other hand, eye serums are less dumpy and, in fact, have high water content. The texture is extremely light and fluid. Therefore, they deliver a high concentration of activities like niacinamide, hyaluronic acid and more.
2. Skin type
We are all blessed with a different skin type, right? Every beauty product is designed differently for a different skin texture. Meaning it could be dry, oily or a combination of both. When you indulge in an eye cream, you must look into what skin type it is suitable for. Some could be dry only, some could be oily only, and some would be suitable to all. Make sure to get hold of the best under eye cream suitable for your skin.
In the case of under-eye serums, they are generally suitable for all skin types. There are fewer complications involved.
We have already spoken about how eye creams are thicker in texture. Therefore, they act as a moisturizer to the skin surface. They also focus on providing deep moisturization and nourishment to the under-eye skin. In the process of doing so, under-eye creams definitely improve the texture.
Lovely and light, that’s what eye serums are all about. The high water content makes eye serums refreshing and the skin hydrating. They get easily absorbed by the skin and quickly reach deep inside the pores. Just like the under-eye cream can beautifully moisturize the skin, the best under eye serum can swiftly hydrate the skin.
Under-eye creams are primarily used for moisturizing and nourishing the skin. The skin beneath your eyes is fragile and can get dry very quickly. Dryness is the main culprit for dark spots, wrinkles, fine lines, irritation, allergy and dark blemishes. So, using a cream will help you prevent all of these. It will plump up your skin, reduce dryness and keep you away from early ageing signs like wrinkles, fine lines and dark spots. Eye creams also work towards retaining moisture and boosting collagen production. Thereby reducing puffiness.
On the contrary, eye serums cannot moisturize but hydrate your skin. They cannot provide the same moisturizing effects of an under-eye cream with less or no emollient ingredients. Not just surface level, but serums get deep into your skin. Therefore, it can recapitulate skin elasticity and make the under-eye skin firmer. So, under-eye serums can treat fatigued eyes and saggy skin beautifully. You can also expect to treat other under-eye issues like dark circles, dark spots, and fine lines.
Recommended Reading: Top 11 Best Hair Straighteners in India: Recommendation by the Experts
Under-eye serum vs cream: Which one to pick?
Let me now bring forward the exclusivity of both products.
Highlights of an under-eye cream
- It has a thick texture and rich cream formula.
- Moisturizing, smoothening, nourishing.
- It works on surface-level skin.
- It is cream-based.
- It enhances the under-eye skin.
- It can be stored in your beauty drawer.
- It can curb puffiness and keep you protected from UV damage.
- The main ingredients include caffeine, plant stem cells, vitamin E, chamomile extract and more.
Highlights of an under-eye serum
- It is silky and has a light texture.
- The water-based formula makes it great at hydrating the skin.
- Under-eye serums can penetrate deep into the skin.
- It is generally recommended to be stored in a cool temperature zone like your refrigerator.
- It can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and make the skin look firm.
- The main ingredients involve hyaluronic acid, retinol and more. They don’t just exile skin dullness but also boost the skin’s cell turnover.
Recommended Reading: The 11 Best Hair Dryers in India 2022: Expert Reviews
One Last Thought
In this busy and fast-paced life, skin is most likely to get affected. Increasing pollution, stress, lack of sleep, long work hours and many more under-stated reasons contribute massively to depreciating your skin.
While most people indulge in skincare routines, sadly, the under-eye skin is not given enough importance. The tiny little area can make a huge difference in your overall appearance, isn’t it? Get hold of your eye-best friend from my blog right away – Which are the 7 Best under eye creams for dark circles? Expert Guide. To avoid your confusion between the two products, that was a detailed discussion.
Under-eye cream vs serum – You know the difference. Which one are you picking?
- Tips to Blow Dry hair without damage: From the Experts
- How to straighten your hair without damaging it? Secret Hacks
- Curling hair with a straightener was never so easy before
- How to use Hair Straightener in the right way for good results?
- 5 Reasons Why The Havells HD3101 1200W Compact Hair Dryer Is The Perfect Addition To Your Grooming Kit - September 9, 2022
- Syska HD1610 Hair Dryer – How It’s Basic Yet One Of The Most Convenient Hair Dryers! - September 8, 2022
- Can You Get Salon-like Results With The AGARO HD-1120 2000W Hair Dryer? Read This Post To Find Out - September 8, 2022