Woah, believe it or not, 8K resolution is actually here! There’s no secret that the TV industry loves big numbers. From 4K to 8K resolution, it has travelled in very little time. Well, if you decide to get your hands on the best TV, get ready to be thrown massively with the term ‘8K’. What is 8K TV resolution? The world’s talking about it. Are you yet familiar with it?
My heart reaches to my readers, and I want each of you to be well updated about the technology. Being naive in today’s world is not going to get you anywhere. But hang on, if you are unaware of this resolution breakthrough, worry not.
What can you expect from my blog? What is 8K TV resolution? How is it different from 4K resolution? What are the upsides and downsides of it? And finally, is it worth indulging in. In a nutshell, you are going to know every aspect of this evolution. So one thing’s for sure, by the end of my blog, you will be proficient at it.
What is HDR?
Let’s begin with the basics. If you are looking to understand the 4K and 8K resolutions, you must initiate with the concept of HDR first.
No prizes for guessing HDR stands for Hiigh dynamic range. But how is it connected to 4K and 8K resolution?
The different types of resolutions – 1080p, 4K or 8K; ideally indicate the number of pixels on the screen. HDR plays a huge role in defining the clarity of the pixels. The smart feature adjusts the pictures brightness, colour, and contrast levels to make it a pleasant visual experience.
HDR technology features wide colour gamuts to provide a full range of colour and contrast. However, different types of HDR have different capabilities. The resolutions determine the number of pixels, and HDR defines what each pixel can do.
What is 8K TV resolution?
The 8K TV resolution was made available in India in 2015, and from there on, it only grabbed a massive amount of spotlight. The advanced technology provides more pixels compared to the 4K technology. Pixels per inch (PPI) is the term that describes the number of pixels in the resolution. The higher the PPI, the higher is the pixel density. For any video content to be visionary pleasant, the count of PPI should be more than 50.
In the same size of the TV, the pixel count could be different. For obvious reasons, the densely packed pixels provide a sophisticated vision.
4K offers a resolution of 3840 by 2160 pixels. The 8K technology doubles that to the resolution of 7680 by 4320 pixels. These pixels are four times more than that of 4k and 16 times of a 1080p TV. The technology is called 8K because the pictures are roughly 8,000 pixels wide, which comes under ultra HD. So, some call it the ultra HD 8K resolution.
Recommended Reading: 4K UHD vs 4K HDR: Know the Difference from the Experts
A Little more on the 8K TV
Just when the 4K TV popularity surged, the 8K resolution cropped up and started doing the rounds in the TV biz. You have already discovered that 8K resolution offers an enormous number of pixels. This means you are in a treat for crisp and sharp images. Well, also incredibly beautiful pictures.
We are definitely in the early stages of 8K resolution. Not many, but Samsung, LG, Sony and Sharp are equipped with the 8K technology. The 8K feature definitely unveils quadruple with a total of 33,177,600 total pixels. This means approximately 2 million pixels. Doesn’t this sound dramatic?
What are the advantages of 8K TV resolution?
- The ultra high definition resolution provides an immersive experience.
- 8K resolutions work amazingly well for virtual reality.
- The 8K display ensures every little detail is visible.
- 8K TVs provide the sharpest image ever.
- Wall-sized 8K TVs provide an immersive experience.
- It has a large colour palette, and so you can expect a more natural picture.
What are the disadvantages of 8K TV resolution?
- You can only browse 8K content comfortably.
- Only a few streaming platforms offer 8K content. So, you will be watching 4K content on a stretched screen.
- The price of products offering 8K technology is hefty.
- A large screen with 8K technology occupies a substantial amount of space.
- There are no 8K gaming consoles today.
- 4K and 8K content appear to be almost the same from a distance.
- You cannot transfer 8K content in the real format without any compression.
- The current internet connection in your home is not large enough to accommodate 8K streaming.
- 8K resolution is not compatible with any small screen size.
Recommended Reading: Top 11 Best 32 inch LED TV in India (2023): Reviews & Buyer’s Guide from the Expert
One Last Thought
You are now well familiarized with the concept- What is 8K TV resolution? Let’s get back to the prime reason why we discussed this concept in detail.
Most people are wondering if they should switch from 4K to 8K. Sure, you may want the newest technology in town. But is it a good idea to indulge in 8K technology right now? 8K TV is still not a realistic option. It’s not a gimmick, but we are still very far off from incorporating this futuristic technology.
The prime reason being we are years away from a widespread of 8K content. The availability of movies and shows streaming in 8K right now is close to negligible. We are still getting settled with the 4K content. Switching at the moment is going to mean being an early adopter for no reason.
Secondly, an 8K TV currently is at the cost of gold. Even if you find the prices drop a little, the image quality of 4K content is way more satisfactory at a decent price. Getting your hands on the best TV with 4K technology makes sense right now. Paying a hefty amount for an 8K resolution will only be bragging about it. Are you willing to do that? Well, I d3efinitely am not letting you.
PS: My blog has some accommodating and suitable options for each one of you. Don’t miss out!- The Best LED TVs trending in 2023: Expert Analysis
- Need An Entry-Level NVIDIA GTX 1650 Laptop? Check Out The ASUS TUF Gaming A15 15.6″ FHD AMD Ryzen 5 4600H - December 19, 2022
- Why You Should Try The Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 120Hz Gaming Laptop – A Laptop Designed To Last - November 8, 2022
- A Review Of The HP Pavilion Gaming DK2100TX 15.6-inch Laptop – The best 11th Gen Mid-range Laptop - November 8, 2022