Have you ever been irritated trying to read a screen under direct lighting? You’re only one of many people I’ve come across that have dealt with such a thing. The problem is even worse when using laptops. They’re important for on-the-go work, but many models are hard to read outdoors. If you’re planning to get a laptop and don’t want to deal with such issues, you must look for options with Anti-glare Coating. This post contains accurate and detailed information on the feature- including how it works. I’ll also discuss the pros and cons of Anti-glare displays for your convenience.
Let’s dive in and see what this cool feature is all about.
What Is An Anti-glare display?
Anti-glare displays use a special coating that reduces the amount of light hitting the screen while still keeping it bright and easy to read. As a result, everything is easier to read, even under direct sunlight or other sorts of harsh lighting environments. This makes the feature perfect for outdoor use.
Pros Of An Anti-glare display
- Fingerprints and smudges don’t stick directly to glass, so the screen is easier to maintain.
- Ensures a lower amount of dust and grease on screen alongside a lower amount of light, providing better gaming and movie-watching experience.
- Darker colours appear more vibrant, ensuring good entertainment while reducing eye strain significantly.
Cons Of An Anti-glare display
- Not ideal for people doing illustrations or any sort of editing because of inaccurate colour representation.
- Only available amongst higher-end laptops.
- Smudges are easier to clean off, but they appear more often.
Recommended Reading: 11 Best laptops under 30000 in India – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Alternative: Anti-glare Screen Filters
Anti-glare displays only come built into laptops. If you already own a laptop without such a display or use a desktop computer, then screen filters are a good option. You can buy them separately- though they’re a little harder to find and aren’t always of good quality. They don’t cost much, though, so they’re still a viable purchase. The same pros and cons apply, except for the aforementioned issues with quality.
Should You Get An Anti-glare display?
It all boils down to your preferences and what you need to use your device for. For the casual user who enjoys a good amount of entertainment, Anti-glare displays are perfect. The same is the case for people who like to work on the go- as long as the work doesn’t include anything related to visuals. If your profession is geared towards such a thing, you’d likely be better off going for a glossy screen. You’ll be trading outdoor visibility for better results.
Recommended Reading: The 11 Best laptops under 40000 in India: Expert Picks
Frequently Asked Questions
This part will address any possible confusion you have regarding the subject. I’ll answer some of the questions you might have.
Recommended Reading: Which are the Best laptops under 50,000? Top 11 Picks
There you go; a detailed explanation of the pros and cons of Anti-glare displays. I’m sure you can now see how incredibly handy this feature can be, despite how simple it sounds. All in all, there’s not much of a downside to getting a laptop with such a display. Either way, it’s all up to you. I’ve given you all the info you need to make a proper decision. Good luck. I wish you a very good day.
- How to Choose A GPU- The Perfect Guide For Desktop and Laptop Users
- How To Improve Laptop Audio Quality- Step By Step Guide
- How to Choose A CPU – The Perfect Guide For Desktop and Laptop Users
- Want To Try The New Windows? Here’s How To Install Windows 11
- Chromebooks Vs Windows Laptops- Which one is the best for you?