Myth: A geyser is a winter appliance.
Fact: A geyser is an all-season appliance.
And that’s why I am here to speak about the most common geyser problems & solutions.
Nothing is as refreshing as a hot shower, regardless of whether it is summer, winter or monsoons. In fact, after a long day at work, it is almost much needed. Also, access to hot water in kitchens has become a requirement now. So, there’s no doubt that a geyser has grown into being an indispensable part of every home. Of course, the more you use an appliance, the more difficulties you come across in its working.
Now the beauty is that some of the geyser complications can be resolved by yourself. Yes, it’s true. And some may require professional help. Once you are aware of the root cause of the problem, you will know how to act upon it. Don’t worry; I am here to brief you on it completely and in-depth.
Also, winters are already here. We are not taking any chances, right?
Common Geyser Problems & Solutions
1. Water not getting heated up
Obviously, you have invested in bringing the best geyser only to pamper yourself to hot water. If the geyser is operating but not giving out the hot water, the appliance is consuming energy for no rhyme or reason.
2. Constant water leakage
If you find water dripping persistently, then there is an evident leakage in the appliance. Your geyser may have gone through a burst or a notable leakage. It would be best if you definitely acted upon the leakage immediately to avoid any wastage of water and electricity.
3. Discoloured or dirty water
Bathing with dirty or discoloured water is such a yucky feeling. In this situation, please don’t blame it on the water supply. There’s a rare possibility that the fault is in the water dispensed. Most likely, the geyser is the culprit.
Recommended Reading: Installing Geyser in your bathroom? All Steps Simplified & Explained!
4. Dirty odour from the water
The foul smell from the hot water is super disturbing, and yes, it is one of the common geyser problems. This issue is certainly very unpleasant and can be super daunting.
5. Noisy geyser
Is your geyser making strange noises? Well, it’s not a very common geyser problem, but yes, you could be a victim of it. There are chances you may hear strange sounds like rumbling or banging once the geyser starts to heat up.
Recommended Reading: Electric Geyser vs Gas Geyser: Know the Difference
6. Geyser not turning off
Mornings are definitely a rush. At that time, geysers not turning off can be so infuriating. Nobody has all the time in the world. So yes, you need to fix this as soon as possible.
7. Electric shock during turning on and off the appliance
This is definitely a life-threatening problem. Safety is the foremost priority, and there’s no way you can delay fixing this problem if you have experienced or witnessed an electric shock.
8. Poor pressure of hot water
Poor pressure of hot water can be really bothersome. Especially at the time when you are running late for work, isn’t it? Low-pressure problems can be spawned due to several reasons. Once you know the root cause, you can resolve it.
Recommended Reading: Instant geyser vs Storage geyser – Know What’s right for you
9. Geyser light not indicating
When your geyser light is not indicating, you will doubtlessly be confused about whether the appliance is functional or not. There is only one reason leading to this problem.
10. Excessive heating of water
Remember one thing; we are using the geyser for warm water, not burning water. Boiling or sweltering water is harmful to the geyser as well as human skin. So yes, it’s unacceptable!
10 Geyser Safety Tips
Even though they are common geyser problems, there are ways of preventing them as much as possible. Sure, a water heater is a must. But remember, safety first!
- Keep a check on the thermostat settings regularly.
- Just like any other home appliance, a geyser requires regular maintenance as well. Do not neglect it.
- Keep combustible substances away from the geyser.
- Make sure there is sufficient ventilation around the geyser.
- Ensure there is proper earthing.
- Install the geyser at a proper height.
- Avoid keeping the geyser on for an extended period.
- Monitor the anode rod.
- Keep a check on the pressure release valve.
- Keep an eye on the electrical connections and the geyser switch.
One Last Thought
Congratulations on getting well acquainted with the most common geyser problems and solutions. This appliance is definitely a blessing in disguise. Gone are the days when it was a luxury to have a geyser at home. Today, it’s certainly a necessity. So, why not work towards enhancing the efficiency and longevity of the appliance?
It’s a known fact that some of the geyser issues can be resolved by yourself, but some require professional help. But it’s also known that some of the problems reach a point where they cannot be settled whatsoever. And that’s when it’s time for a change.
I have curated an intricate and affordable list of the best geysers available in India. You cannot afford to miss it. You can also check my blog on – Instant geyser vs Storage geyser – Know What’s right for you for a wise comparison.
- A Full Analysis Of The Samsung 198 L 4-Star Inverter Single Door Refrigerator: Can It Be What You Need? - December 12, 2022
- A Close Look At The Modest Yet Powerful LG 190 L Inverter 4-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022
- Everything You Need To Know About The New Godrej 190 L 5-Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022