Why is it so important to know about the best refrigerator brands in India? You certainly know of all the big names and have opted for one of them only to be on the safe side. But do you know what the speciality of each one is? Why should you pick one over the others?
Indians and food only have a love-love relationship. We begin discussing dinner over lunch and the next morning breakfast over dinner. Can we enjoy our meals as much without having the best refrigerator at home? Investing in the right one is so important. It’s there to stay with us for a long time.
There are a plethora of options available today, and every brand claims to be better than the other. So, how do you decide on one? Well, it’s very simple. Every brand has its individuality, so it depends on what overwhelms you.
Best Refrigerator Brands in India 2023
I am here to discuss all the cool features offered by every brand and what sets them apart. I bet you didn’t know about all of them.
Whirlpool, an American brand, is now widely acknowledged globally. The brand vision stands at creating Happier Homes. Whirlpool has a wide range of products – Washing machines, refrigerators, dishwashers, air conditioners, water purifiers, microwave ovens, coffee machines and other kitchen appliances. The brand constantly strives to make every user’s life enjoyable and hassle-free with its products. Whirlpool believes in creating products that make everyday tasks beyond expectations.
What are the exclusive Whirlpool refrigerator features?
- Exceptional cooling retention: Whirlpool refrigerators have marvellous cooling retention compared to their counterparts. Whirlpool appliances can comfortably retain their cooling for ten hours after power cuts, if any. This feature is a total saviour in such situations. Your food will remain absolutely fresh and not get spoilt at all.
- Super Freezing: The super freezing technology aids the appliance reach its coldest temperature and uses minimum energy at the same time. This mechanism can take the freezer down to minus 30 degrees celsius. The best part about this feature is that it automatically turns off after 52 hours. So, your food items are sure not to get any freezer burns.
- Anti-bacterial gasket: Whirlpool refrigerators are equipped with an antibacterial gasket that is airtight and can be removed easily. This is to ensure that there is no bacteria or fungi build up inside the appliance. It’s the most perfect way to keep all the stored food hygienic and healthy.
- Auto-connect to Home inverter: With the best Whirpool refrigerators, you can enjoy a spectacular opulence of having no inconvenience whatsoever, even in case of a power outage. The appliance will automatically connect to a home inverter when there is a loss of energy. Therefore, the cooling and freshness will not get disturbed and remain consistent.
What is the price range of Whirlpool refrigerators?
Whirlpool has a wide range in the economical and as well as premium segment. The best Whirlpool single door refrigerators fall in the bracket of 9,000 – 18,000. The double door refrigerators will cost you anywhere between 15,000 – 30,000. The side-by-side models start from the range of 40,000 onwards. Just like the other models, you can comfortably enjoy a one year warranty on the product and ten years on the compressor.
Some of the best Whirlpool refrigerators
Samsung has been one of the top favourites amongst users today. The brand was initiated in 1969 in South Korea and has been leading in the technology space ever since then. From a single door to double door to french door to side-by-side door, Samsung has it all! Spontaneous and quality customer support have added substantially to the brand value. Samsung appliance is a worthy investment for sure. And let’s know why!
What are the exclusive Samsung refrigerator features?
Curd Maestro: Samsung is the first to introduce the feature of making fresh curd and preserving it. The top-notch models are equipped with this trait. Consistent, tasty and super easy! You can have the fresh curd done in only three easy steps.
- Step 1: Take out the curd container from the refrigerator and fill it with lukewarm milk and a curd starter.
- Step 2: Once you turn on the curd button, you will have two options to chose from – soft or thick. In the case of soft, the mixture will take about 6.5 hours, and thick curd fermentation requires about 7.5 hours.
- Step 3: Once the curd is absolutely ready, the ‘serve’ icon will light up to let you know it’s done. Now comes the best part. You can also store the curd for 2-3 days in the curd maestro section.
Safe clean back: Even the basic Samsung models are equipped with a safe clean back to protect all the components. It is a safety cover to ensure that all the integrants remain protected from any knocks or accidental bumps. This added protection certainly takes durability to the next level.
Convertible 5 in 1 mode: The best Samsung refrigerators feature five conversion modes to take care of all refrigeration needs.
- The normal mode delivers optimum cooling along with 40% savings by keeping the refrigerator and freezer cooling on as much as required.
- The extra fridge mode converts the freezer to a fridge when you have lots to store in it.
- You can turn on the seasonal mode when you don’t need to use the freezer at all. Just keep the refrigerator mode and save 64% of energy.
- Use the vacation mode when you are away for a while. When you are on holiday and have a little bit of food to be stored, keep the freezer on and fridge off to save 55% of energy.
- The home alone mode is an energy saver mode like none other. If you are all alone at home and don’t have too much food on you, use the freezer as a mini-refrigerator to save 75% of energy.
Odour eliminator: Samsung refrigerators are equipped with a special odour eliminator. This filter keeps the appliance deodorized and retain the original aroma and flavour of the food. The natural fibre filter eliminated all the pungent smells present in the air.
What is the price range of Samsung refrigerators?
Samsung single door refrigerators fall in the price range of 12,000 – 20,000. Double door ones will cost you anywhere between 20,000 – 50,000. If you are looking for premium features and large capacity, you can get the Samsung side-by-side door or french door refrigerators. It will cost you anywhere between 70,000 – 2,00,000. This refrigerator style is sure to cost you a fortune, but the characteristics are like none other. The display panel on the top models of these refrigerators is elaborate as hell. You can view the inside of the appliance anytime by only dragging your fingers down the home screen. It does not end here. You can also browse through the internet or watch shows on the display of the refrigerator. You only need to be sure of your device being compatible with Samsung. Isn’t that so cool?
Some of the best Samsung refrigerators
Washing machines, vacuum cleaners, air purifiers, air conditioners, microwave ovens, water purifiers, smart TVs, soundbars, smartwatches, mobile phones, refrigerators. You name it, and LG has it all! The company’s motto says Life’s Good, and they truly believe in delivering the best – innovation, high quality, durability, reliability and value for money. LG is a lovable brand amongst Indians and a first choice for many. The best part is that everyone out here can find a model suiting their pocket. Let’s get to know the attributes.
What are the exclusive LG refrigerator features?
- Door Cooling +: LG refrigerators feature a door cooling + technology to ensure enhanced cooling under any circumstance. Regardless of the number of times you open the refrigerator door, the cooling will bounce back in seconds with sufficient airflow. This mechanism will retain the freshness of the food for a long period.
- Smart Diagnosis & ThinQ: LG’s smart diagnosis and ThinQ app have taken technology to advanced levels. Smart diagnosis is an easy and quick way of troubleshooting any problem. Download the LG app on your smartphone and control the appliance completely from wherever you are. Reset the refrigerator temperature or change any settings with just one touch on your phone.
- Multi digital sensor: The best LG refrigerators are equipped with multi-digital sensors to ensure consistent temperature by monitoring internal and external temperature. The sensors respond quickly to open doors and warm food. This helps in maintaining the food quality for a long period.
- Inverter Linear compressor: LG’s advanced linear compressor generates minimum friction for a smooth operation. This mechanism saves 51% of energy and diminishes noise by 25% due to low friction points. Therefore, you can enjoy enhanced durability.
What is the price range of LG refrigerators?
LG single door refrigerators range anywhere between 11,000 – 18,000. LG double door refrigerators fall in a wide range. The basic models begin from 19,000, and the hi-end models go up to 60,000. LG side-by-side refrigerators start from the range of 70,000 and go as high as 4,22,000. Take your pick depending upon your budget and family requirements.
Some of the Best LG Refrigerators
Haier was born in China about 35 years ago. Incredible and affordable, Haier refrigerators are designed in all sizes to suit every Indian household. The brand gained even more popularity after launching the bottom-mounted refrigerators (BMR). Haier was the first to launch a range of BMR to meet the progressing needs of modern Indian households. The brand offers varied options – Top freezer refrigerators, bottom freezer refrigerators, French door refrigerators, Quad door refrigerators and Beverage centres.
What are the exclusive Haier refrigerator features?
- Humidity control: Haier has a special humidity control system. The refrigerators are equipped with a filter that is attached to the vegetable drawer. The filter helps in keeping all the vegetables and fruits fresh by maintaining an optimum level of humidity.
- Diamond edge freezing technology: The brand features technology that no other brand does – Diamond edge freezing technology. With this advancement, Haier delivers enhanced cooling retention in the refrigerator and freezer. You don’t have to wait longer than 60 minutes to have access to cubes of ice. Not just faster, but you can also expect a better formation of ice.
- Noise control technology: Humming is a common noise you can hear when your refrigerator is functional. This noise occurs from the compressor and actually indicates that the appliance is working efficiently. Any noise beyond this can sound abnormally loud and be disturbing. Haier is equipped with smart noise technology to ensure a silent operation.
- Smart Holiday mode: The best Haier refrigerators feature an exclusive holiday mode to give users maximum convenience while away on vacation. The smart holiday mode maintains a stable constant temperature while no one is using it. The freezer temperature does not vary. The internal refrigerator temperature remains constant at 15 degrees. It helps in the prevention of any mould growth or odour in the refrigerator when it’s empty.
What is the price range of Haier refrigerators?
Haier refrigerators fall in the price range of 8,000 – 50,000. You can choose as per your requirements – Single door, Double door, Side by Side or Mini refrigerators. Decide on the features you are looking for and the capacity adequate for your family requirements. Glance through our blog 9 Best Refrigerators In India 2023 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide for the best Haier refrigerators.
Some of the best Haier refrigerators
Born in 1886, the German company Bosch is known to be Europe’s no one brand. The brand’s state-of-the-art production has promised to simplify everyday life with its excellent quality and durability products. German engineering offers a premium segment of home appliances from – air conditioners, microwave ovens, chimneys, dishwashers, washing machines and refrigerators. Speaking about Bosch refrigerators, they are luxurious and premium. They provide a super cooling technology along with the optimum freshness of the stored items.
What are the exclusive Bosch refrigerator features?
- Dual compressor and evaporators: Bosch refrigerators are equipped with dual compressors and evaporators to create an ideal environment for food preservation. The appliance is designed to monitor and run a temperature and humidity of every compartment separately. This feature will retain the freshness of the food for a long time.
- Supercool and Superfreeze mode: If you are looking to cool down some large amount of food or drinks quickly, you will love using a Bosh refrigerator. The super cool and super freeze mode brings down the temperature substantially of the appliance for a certain period before it goes down to standardized cooling.
- Refrigeration more than just cooling: The normal temperature deviation ranges from 4-7F. So, if you set your refrigerator to 40F, the temperature will range anywhere between 33 F to 47 F. This is a large range. A reduced deviation is valuable and ideal for food stored inside. In the case of Bosch refrigerators, the temperature deviation is only 1 F or even lesser. This perfectly designed temperature management system delivers perfect protection to the food items against bacteria and other contaminants.
- VarioInverter compressor: Bosch refrigerators operate with a VarioInverter compressor to deliver ideal results. The speed of the compressor adjust depending upon the refrigerator load and the surrounding conditions. This mechanism ensures a super silent operation along with maximum efficiency. The appliances increase and decrease the power according to the requirements.
What is the price range of Bosch refrigerators?
Due to the exclusivity in its features, Bosch refrigerators fall in the premium segment. The price ranges from 30,000 – 1,25,000. If you are a small or medium-sized family, I would recommend buying a double door refrigerator. In the case of a large-sized family, a side-by-side refrigerator should be a great option. Regardless of the model you select, you will have the luxury to enjoy a 10-year warranty on the compressor.
Some of the best Bosch refrigerators
The quintessential Indian brand – Godrej, is pretty much affordable to all. Sixty-two years of thoughtful appliances – Born in 1897, Godrej has an intrinsic understanding of customers and has kept up to the expectations with its innovative techniques at an affordable price. It is known to be one of the most affordable brands in the Indian market. Therefore, it is loved more by the masses than the classes. Single door and double door- Godrej caters to both these categories. Does it have any exceptional features?
What are the exclusive Godrej refrigerator features?
- Dry storage: Unlike the premium brands, Godrej has attempted to live by the expectations of the commoner and fulfil all requirements. Godrej single door refrigerators are equipped with a dry storage drawer at the bottom of the appliance. You can comfortably store all items that require no refrigeration – like potatoes and onions.
- Thickest PUF insulation: Godrej refrigerators are known to have the thickest PUF insulation. This technology retains maximum cooling for the longest possible time. So, you will find the food items stored inside to be fresh for a really long time.
- Patented cool shower technology: Godrej has been the first one to introduce the patented cool shower technology. The refrigerators have shelves with in-built air vents. These vents are placed directly above the food items to provide 360-degree cooling. Therefore, the food will receive direct cooling, so there will be no chances of getting spoilt.
- Anti-drip technology: All Godrej refrigerators feature anti-drip technology. There is thick insulation right below the chiller tray to ensure no water droplet formation whatsoever. This will keep your food hygienic at all times.
- Eco Friendly: In 2002, Godrej launched a new range of 100% green refrigerators. All Godrej refrigerators are now CFC, HFC and HCFC free. So, yes, they are certainly eco-friendly. The brand was given the National Energy Conservation Award in 2009 by the Government of India.
What is the price range of Godrej refrigerators?
I have already mentioned Godrej refrigerators being pocket friendly and suitable for all. The best single door refrigerators fall in the range of 10,000 – 14,000. The best Godrej double door refrigerators will cost you 15,000 – 25,000. The brand also has a range of personal cooling solutions without any refrigerant and compressor. This cooling appliance can satiate your needs of cooling beverages, milk, fruits, vegetables, medicines and other tiny little things. These are commonly found in offices and hotels. You can find great options in the price bracket of 5,000 – 8,000.
Some of the Best Godrej Refrigerators
Founded in 1918, the Japanese brand – Panasonic has become one of the best refrigerator brands in India. The brand has a diverse collection of advanced technologies to deliver ‘A better life, A better world’. Single door, Double door, Multi door – Panasonic caters to all the segments at a promising price and quality. Today, we see Panasonic India gain phenomenal admiration through its Japanese roots.
What are the exclusive Panasonic refrigerator features?
- ECONAVI inverter: Panasonic features a unique ECONAVI inverter for optimum functioning while saving maximum energy. These appliances have sensors to detect and analyze their usage. The inverter memorizes the pattern for about three weeks and then predicts the use for every hour each day. Depending on the prediction and the usage, the inverter system optimizes the cooling for an ideal operation.
- AG clean technology: The best Panasonic refrigerators are crafted with an AG clean technology to deactivate 99.9% of bacteria, mould and other contaminants. This technology retains all the nutrients in the food and keeps it fresh at all times. It is an initiative by the brand to maintain hygiene.
- Gentle surround cooling: You can enjoy the benefits of having surround cooling in the appliance. The rear panel blows out cold air to the sides, so it surrounds the stored ford completely. The airflow will gently wrap each of the food items and cool them down in little time.
- Exceptional humidity controller: Panasonic refrigerators feature an exceptional humidity control system. The vegetable case has an airtight structure to prevent moisture from leaving the section. In order to retain the freshness, cold air isn’t blown directly onto the vegetables. You can also manually adjust the controller depending upon the quantity and type of food stored.
What is the price range of Panasonic refrigerators?
Panasonic single door refrigerators range anywhere between 12,000 – 16,000. The double door ones cost from 20,000 – 55,000. Panasonic side-by-side and french door refrigerators are economically priced in comparison to their counterparts. You can find some great options with cool features in the range of 50,000 – 90,000.
Some of the Best Panasonic Refrigerators
A Havells Brand, Lloyd started its journey in 1956 and has now substantially carved a niche across India. It promises impeccable quality along with an unmatched warranty and customer service. Lloyd has made its place in the best home appliance category with its fine quality in air conditioners, washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators and LED televisions. When it comes to refrigerators, you have various options to select from- Single door, Double door, Side-by-side and chest freezer.
What are the exclusive Lyod refrigerator features?
- Bactishield: You can be certain about your food remaining fresh and hygienic for a very long period because of the presence of a Bactishield technology. It prevents about 99% of bacteria or any other harmful organisms growth. This technology will ensure that your food lasts longer.
- Tent Vent Technology: Lloyd refrigerators introduce Tent Vent Technology to ensure the most consistent and uniform cooling. This mechanism makes sure that the cooling reaches every corner of the refrigerator. The technology also retains the cooling for a couple of hours in case of power failure.
- 2-degree chill zone: Lloyd features a special chill zone for food items that require low temperature. For example- milk, ghee, cheese, butter, poultry and more. The chill zone maintains the temperature anywhere between 0 – 4 degrees to retain the freshness and longevity for a really long time.
- FlexiMax design: All the refrigerators from Llyod have a Fleximax design. It means you can adjust the shelves as per your needs to derive maximum storage. So items of different sizes and shapes can be stored without any hassle anymore.
What is the price range of Llyod refrigerators?
Lloyd single door refrigerators are super economical and have various options to choose from. You have an option to select from the price range of 11,000 – 18,000. Lloyd double door refrigerators range between 20,000 – 45,000. A side-by-side refrigerator will cost you upto 70,000.
Lloyd also has a range of chest freezers designed only to store perishable food with maximum convenience. They are one of the best chests freezers with state-of-the-art technology, high quality and affordable pricing. They come in different capacities and fall in the price range of 14,000 – 32,000.
Some of the Best Llyod Refrigerators
AmazonBasics was launched in the year 2009 in the US with a wide category of home products. Televisions, microwave oven, refrigerators, air purifiers, vacuum cleaner, dishwasher and more. This private label has gained the title of being one of the best refrigerator brands in India in very little time. Mini and single door chest freezer, double door and side-by-side refrigerators; AmazonBasics ticks all the criteria to meet your refrigeration requirements.
What are the exclusive AmazonBasics refrigerator features?
- High-quality foaming: AmazonBasics refrigerators have a cyclopentane based high-quality foaming material on delivering optimum results to the user. This fabrication enhances the cooling retention and thermal insulation of the refrigerator. It definitely leaves the user completely satisfied.
- Child lock feature: Who said you need the child lock feature only when you have children at home? This feature is super useful in any case. It prevents any accidental setting change on the control panel. You only need to activate it by pressing the child lock button for 3-4 seconds.
- Water dispenser: If you are someone who drinks a lot of water throughout the day, you will love the AmazonBasics side-by-side refrigerator. With just a simple push of a lever, you can have access to chilled water. However, this feature is only in the top-end models.
- Super freeze mode: Not just the hi-end ones, but even the AmazonBasics double door refrigerators feature the super freeze mode for easy and quick freezing. Once you activate this mode, it will accelerate the freezing of fresh food and dispense ice in less than 60 minutes. The mode will automatically get deactivated with a couple of hours, or you have the option to do it manually.
What is the price range of AmazonBasics refrigerators?
Well, unlike the other counterparts, you don’t have a wide range of options to select from. However, high-quality double door refrigerators should cost you anywhere between 30,000 – 40,000, and side-by-side refrigerators go up to 50,0000. AmazonBasics mini-refrigerators fall in the price range of 6,000 – 12,000. They are great options for co-working spaces.
Some of the Best AmazonBasics Refrigerators
10 Must-have Refrigerator Technologies
While you are on your way to finding the best refrigerator brand in India, here are some features you must look out for. In this fast-moving technology world, these characteristics are now a prerequisite and not an option.
- Instant Ice Making
- Convertible modes
- All around cooling – 360-degree airflow
- LED illumination
- Noise control technology
- Smart inverter compressor
- Odour eliminator
- Door cooling
- Eco friendly
- Power cooling
How do you find the Best Refrigerator in India?
Once you have shortlisted the brand and the features, it comes down to the model. How do you decide on which is the best refrigerator for your home? Pick up your options and ask yourself these questions.
- How much capacity is sufficient for your family?
- Which type of refrigerator impresses you? Single door, double door or side-by-side refrigerator? For a detailed comparison, check my blog Single Door vs Double Door vs Side-by-Side: Find the Right Refrigerator For Your Home.
- In the case of a double door refrigerator, is it a top-mounted or bottom-mounted freezer? What’s your preference?
- How energy efficient is the appliance?
- Does it have an in-built stabilizer?
- Does it fit in your budget?
- What is the warranty offered by the manufacturer?
- Is it eco-friendly?
- Does the design match the appeal of your modern kitchen?
- What are the capabilities to deal with a power failure?
- How efficient are the after sales-services?
One Last Thought
Who says finding the best refrigerator for your home is a difficult task? Oh common, just like me, you are an expert at it too! You are well-versed with the best refrigerator brands in India. You are pretty much aware of the pivotal features you cannot afford to miss. You know your family requirements; you know your budget suitability. Beyond this, there’s nothing more you need to know!
What are you waiting for now?
PS: It’s raining discounts on Amazon. You certainly don’t want any regrets later. Get all the insights and the best deals on our blogs.
- 9 Best Refrigerators In India 2023 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- 9 Best Double Door Refrigerators in India 2023 – Reviews & Buying Guide
- 9 Best Single Door Refrigerators in India 2023 – Reviews & Buying Guide
Trust me; you don’t want to look anywhere else.
- A Full Analysis Of The Samsung 198 L 4-Star Inverter Single Door Refrigerator: Can It Be What You Need? - December 12, 2022
- A Close Look At The Modest Yet Powerful LG 190 L Inverter 4-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022
- Everything You Need To Know About The New Godrej 190 L 5-Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022