Sure, you have picked up the best refrigerator from my blog. What next? How about keeping it tidy, fresh and appealing from the inside? Hey, this is not an alternative. It is imperative, and so I am here to speak about how to organize a fridge.
Table of Contents
- How to Organize a Refrigerator?
- 1. Acrylic Covered Egg Storage
- Reasons to buy the acrylic covered egg storage box
- 2. Silicone washable Refrigerator Mats
- Reasons to buy the silicone washable refrigerator mats
- 3. Wine/Beer storage holder
- Reasons to buy the Wine/Beer storage holder
- 4. Fruit and Vegetable net bags
- Reasons to buy the Fruit and Vegetable net bags
- 5. Vacuum seal clips
- Reasons to buy the Vacuum seal clips
- 6. Metal Wire Baskets
- Reasons to buy the metal wire baskets
- 7. Silicone bags
- Reasons to buy the silicone bags
- 8. Lazy Susan Spinning Turntable
- Reasons to buy the Lazy Susan Spinning Turntable
- 9. Chalkboard Labels
- Reasons to buy the Chalkboard Labels
- 10. Slim pitchers
- Reasons to buy the slim pitchers
- 11. Magnetic Rack
- Reasons to buy the magnetic rack
- 12. Ice cube maker with lid
- Reasons to buy the ice cube maker with lid
- Easy Fridge Organization Ideas
- 1. Do not over clutter
- 2. Do not store dairy products in the refrigerator door
- 3. Put old food items in the front
- 4. Don’t put the fruits and vegetables together
- 5. Make use of storage accessories
- 6. The meat will always take the bottom shelf
- 7. Group likewise items together
- 8. Fall in love with labelling
- 9. Refrigerator No-Nos
- 10. Weekly clean out is a must
- One Last Thought
Let me begin by asking you a few things. How well kept is your appliance? Can you find all the food stored at a glance, or do you struggle every time you look for something inside? Do you feel like every time you open the refrigerator, you can sense some uncanny smell? Do you end up having a lot of expired food because it has been hidden in some corner, and you have lost track of it? Hey, don’t shy away from any of this. You are not alone in it.
Maybe it’s due to lack of knowledge or sheer laziness. I have such cool and easy fridge organization ideas that you are sure to say goodbye to an unkempt refrigerator in any case.
So, no more wasting time, money and energy!
How to Organize a Refrigerator?
Here’s a list of some fridge organization products you would love to have
1. Acrylic Covered Egg Storage
Non-vegetarians or just Eggiterians, I would highly recommend using this one. When you look up kitchen organization products, you may not find this one commonly. Everyone around is still gets acquainted with it. Smart storage should fit comfortably in most refrigerators because of the slim and sleek design. They are portable, transparent and have well built-in handles. The acrylic storage box is easy to pull and will certainly let you keep your necessities within reach.
Reasons to buy the acrylic covered egg storage box
- You can store them in the refrigerator and freezer.
- It’s easy to clean.
- Made of durable BPA free material.
- It has a modern design.
2. Silicone washable Refrigerator Mats
I am glad about the fact that refrigerator mats have made their way in many homes already. If you are yet unaware of them, let me first introduce you to them. Purchase a pack of silicone mats and place them on every shelf. Pick a colour of your choice or get the multicoloured pack to make the refrigerator look absolutely pleasant.
Reasons to buy the silicone washable refrigerator mats
- The toughened glass shelves will be protected from stains, dirt and scratches.
- They are spillproof.
- The refrigerator mats are anti-bacterial and anti-oil.
- It will keep the refrigerator hygienic and fresh.
- The mats are available in attractive designs and colours.
- The mats are non-breakable and durable.
3. Wine/Beer storage holder
If you often have friends over for dinner and drinks, you must grab onto the wine rack refrigerator holder. Well, you can very much stock beer cans in them too. These will easily slide onto the shelves and occupy the bare minimum space. The wine placement in these racks is slightly tilted. Therefore, the cork will not dry out.
Reasons to buy the Wine/Beer storage holder
- You can install multiple racks for additional storage. One below every shelf.
- It has a space-saving design.
- These storage racks optimize all the unused space in the refrigerator.
- It will elevate the refrigerator decor.
- Drink at your pace without worrying about the wine getting spoiled.
4. Fruit and Vegetable net bags
Organize and store your fruits and vegetables with these multicoloured mesh bags. They are colour-coded and one of the most ideal ways to segregate your requirements. Things you can store apart from fruits and vegetables – nuts, avocados and other dry items.
Reasons to buy the Fruit and Vegetable net bags
- They are plastic-free. It’s a perfect eco-friendly option.
- The bags are washable and reusable.
- You can expect good airflow in these mesh bags.
- Items can breathe easily, and this helps them to remain fresh for long.
- The polyester bags are foldable and consume very little space.
5. Vacuum seal clips
The vacuum seal clips are of great use inside and outside the refrigerators. While speaking about the inside storage, I would highly recommend using it to seal snackable food, frozen food packets, masalas or any other kind of food items. These tiny little clips have a huge impact on retaining the freshness of the food. It will let you enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Reasons to buy the Vacuum seal clips
- It can be used to seal all types of food bags.
- They provide tight sealing with a strong grip.
- Durable, reusable and long-lasting.
- The vacuum seal clips are economically priced.
6. Metal Wire Baskets
Once you get a hold of these metal wire baskets, they are sure to be your favourite refrigerator storage solution. These baskets look slim and sleek, but you will be amazed to see the number of items they can store. Things you can store in these storage baskets? Canned drinks, dips, sauces, chutneys, pickles, snacked food items, fruits and more. So, basically, all the items you generally dump in the refrigerator can now be placed neatly. This is sure to make your refrigerator look tidy and mess-free.
Reasons to buy the metal wire baskets
- They are sturdy and solid.
- No installation is required.
- Multi-purpose baskets.
- It is an optimal storage solution.
- The metal wired baskets look decorative and pleasing to the eye.
7. Silicone bags
The silicone bags are ziplock and super convenient to use. Chopped fruits and veggies, liquids, boiled pasta, meat, dry snackable items; you can store almost anything and everything. These bags have excellent resistance for hot and cold items. Therefore, the preservation of food is flawless. There are way too many benefits of these silicone bags. They are eco-friendly, non-reactive and recyclable. You can stock these bags in the refrigerator or freezer.
Reasons to buy the silicone bags
- Silicone bags repel germs and all other contaminants. This creates a hygienic environment for the stored food items.
- They are resistant to cold temperatures. So, expect no freezer burns.
- They are resistant to heat as well. You can store boiled food items as well.
- Silicone bags have a zip lock and are 100% leak-proof. Hence, store your juices, milk, soup, smoothie, or other food items without worry.
- These bags are reusable. Rinse and repeat.
- They are easy to clean and wash. Also, dishwasher safe.
- Silicone bags slow down the oxidation process. They make the food last longer.
- It is an easy fridge organization process due to its storage versatility.
8. Lazy Susan Spinning Turntable
The spinning turntable will help you access all condiments easily that gets shoved at the back. It is convenient to use, and you can store what you like. All you got to do is rotate the tray and pull out what you are looking for. These spinning turntables have enough space for you to store as many things as you want. You can fill it up with things like seasonings, ground pepper, tomato ketchup, mustard sauce, Chinese sauces and many more things.
Reasons to buy the Lazy Susan Spinning Turntable
- Made of premium plastic and is sturdy.
- 360-degree rotation.
- It is spacious.
- Easy to use and clean.
- It is light in weight.
9. Chalkboard Labels
These chalkboard labels are fabricated with vinyl material and have a matte texture. You can use these to label various things – Jams, juices, spices, pickles, prepped meals and more. Put them on for quick spotting. Now the best thing is you can name the container and mention the expiry date on it. This will make sure nothing expired will not be consumed even by mistake. These stickers stay on the surface for a long time.
Reasons to buy the Chalkboard Labels
- They are reusable. You can wipe and use them again.
- The labels are waterproof.
- A good solution for easy fridge organization and sorting of food items.
10. Slim pitchers
The slim pitchers are sleek and translucent bottles to store liquids like juices, milk, cold coffee and soups. They are cylindrical-shaped bottles with lids and a wide mouth opening. It provides easy storage and takes up the bare minimum space. What do you do with the juice boxes you buy for the next day? While you store them in the refrigerator, don’t they occupy too much space? Please put them in these slim pitchers to enjoy some convenience.
Reasons to buy the slim pitchers
- It can fit easily in any underutilized space in the refrigerator.
- They have airtight lids. So the freshness of what’s stored inside remains intact.
- They are easy to clean.
- They are long-lasting.
- You can also use them as serve ware.
11. Magnetic Rack
These magnetic refrigerator racks have been one of the coolest inventions. When I talk about easy fridge organization, this one is on the top list. The rack does require installation, but no nailing or glueing on the refrigerator. You only have to attach the magnetic rack to the refrigerator door. It is easily detachable as well. These racks ensure vast storage with their multiple tiers. Things you can store in it? Spices, oil bottles, sauces, seasonings, kitchen towels and more.
Reasons to buy the magnetic rack
- These racks have a heavy-duty load-bearing capacity.
- It can accommodate several things.
- Easy to attach and detach.
- It is rustproof and durable.
- The magnetic rack has an aesthetically pleasing design.
12. Ice cube maker with lid
Ice cube problems can be super annoying for people who love to sip on chilled drinks. Even the best double door refrigerators have a limitation of ice trays that come along. You can certainly buy the usual ice trays separately, but that calls for the spilling of water and quite a bit of mess. This ice cube maker with a silicone lid will solve all your problems. You can treat yourself to chilled juices, cocktails, popsicles, iced coffee and more.
Reasons to buy the ice cube maker with lid
- It has a tight closure and is completely leak-proof.
- It is a better alternative to plastic ice trays. There are no harmful components and unpleasant smells.
- You can impress your guest by filling up their glass with the impressive super large ice balls.
- Silicone delivers easy release of ice.
- It is heat resistant and dishwasher safe.
- It has an anti-tilt design at the bottom.
Easy Fridge Organization Ideas
Having the products mentioned above will certainly keep your refrigerator neat and tidy. But there are some rules you must follow. Well, I am sure you are pretty much aware of them. However, you may not have thought of them to be so important. It seems to be a daunting task, but if you trust me, it really isn’t. Having an organized refrigerator will make you feel good and save up on your time and energy. All positive takeaways, right? So let’s get started. Follow my easy refrigerator organization ideas.
1. Do not over clutter
This one’s a basic rule. Deep down, everyone knows overstocking is a big NO. However, most refrigerators are always cluttered. Open your fridge right away and prove me wrong if I am. Ever thought about the consequences? Every time you open the refrigerator, you will have something falling out. You are going to forget about food items completely moved at the backside. All the air vents will get blocked, and the refrigerator efficiency will diminish tremendously. So common, guys. It’s time to declutter. Store as much as required.
2. Do not store dairy products in the refrigerator door
The refrigerator door section has maximum temperature fluctuations and is the warmest area. Hence, that section is not suitable to store products like – milk, butter, yoghurt, cheese and other dairy products. Put all of them on the lowest shelf.
3. Put old food items in the front
You know what they say ‘Out of sight, out of mind.’ Putting old food items at the back is only going to make you forget about them completely. Whether it’s a home-cooked meal or an outside one, put them right in the front so you don’t forget about it. Or how about just discarding it? Don’t store it unnecessarily.
4. Don’t put the fruits and vegetables together
Okay, I agree; this fridge organization idea may not have come to you. But what am I here for? If you have just bought home a new model, you certainly have ample space inside. Don’t get tempted to put them all together. I am not saying this because I don’t like its sight, but there’s a scientific reason for it. Most fruits produce a strong gas and can decompose the veggies in no time. Your greens will degrade faster than they should. So, keep them away; they make horrible drawer mates.
5. Make use of storage accessories
Storage containers, under shelf drawers, baskets; make use of all of them. Maybe you believe that they will eat up a lot of space. To your surprise, organizing and keeping things properly in them will actually end up saving on some space. And not to forget, they are visually pleasing too. Here’s a tip. Investing in clear bins will help in saving your time.
Do not store meat anywhere except the bottom shelf, in the fridge section. Or else, straight up in the freezer. This is only to prevent dripping juices onto any other food. In case of any dripping, it will cause tremendous contamination in the other food items. Better safe than sorry? It will be great to place a tray below the meat container even when you place it on the lowest shelf.
7. Group likewise items together
If you are looking for easy fridge organization ideas, this one is so doable. All you have to do is group likewise items together. For example, keep all your salad dressings and sauces together. While you are preparing a salad or stir fry, you have to reach out at only one place. Easily grab them out and get going. Trust me; this small little effort makes a huge difference. So, no escape from this one.
8. Fall in love with labelling
I have already mentioned how labelling food can help you organize your refrigerator and time so well. I am back to emphasizing it. Label everything possible. Label the storage containers. Label the bottles. Label the bins, especially if they are not transparent.
9. Refrigerator No-Nos
Knowing what not to put is also getting close to knowing how to organize a refrigerator. Some food items do not belong to the refrigerator. Putting them inside will only spoil them. Coffee, bananas, bread, onions, garlic and potatoes.
10. Weekly clean out is a must
I am mentioning this one last so that you leave my blog on this note. People keep figuring out how to organize a fridge. Guys, this is the number one secret. You only need to dedicate a few minutes a week to cleaning the refrigerator completely. Throw away all the food, wipe down every shelf well, clear all the mess. Because no matter how many fridge organization products you are using, it will still look unkempt if you don’t clean the appliance well once a week.
One Last Thought
Do you know what motivated me to speak these easy fridge organization ways? To be honest, I find disorganized refrigerators very disturbing. It’s upsetting to see how some treat this appliance like trash and just dump things in. A refrigerator deserves as much care and attention as any other kitchen appliance.
Can you tell me how many of the above mentioned listed rules you are already following? Do you know what the best part is? It’s never too late, and you can start fresh today.
A disorganized refrigerator has one more major setback. It will diminish the efficiency of your appliance and how! You certainly are not inviting that trouble, are you?
On that note, if you are looking for an easy on pocket option, check my blog on the 9 Best Refrigerators Under 15000 in India(2021)- Reviews & Buyer’s Guide.
- The 9 Best Refrigerator In India
- 9 Best Double Door Refrigerators in India 2021
- 9 Best Single Door Refrigerators in India 2021
- Single Door vs Double Door vs Side-by-Side Refrigerator
- 9 Best Refrigerators Under 20000 In India 2021
- Dolby Digital Plus vs Dolby Atmos vs Stereo: Surround Sound Explained - September 23, 2021
- Bluetooth Speaker vs Smart Speaker: Which one is better? - September 22, 2021
- Neckbands vs True Wireless Earbuds: Which one should you choose? - September 20, 2021