IFB is a very popular brand in India, and for a good reason. Their products are high quality, and they have a good customer service quality. We’ve tested their washing machines and some of their other microwaves before, so we know what exactly to look for. The IFB 17L Solo Microwave Oven is a great product that will definitely meet your needs if you’re looking for a solo microwave oven. Let us tell you more about our findings.
- Even though it has a lower (800W) amount of output, it still offers efficient performance.
- Comes with an overheating protection feature.
- It is quite durable and lasts for many years if properly cared for.
- The Jog Dial of the model is quite easy to use.
- It can be utilised for cooking, reheating, and defrosting purposes.
- Does not feature any starter kits.
- The overall design of the model is quite bland.
- Rotating base plate could be a little better.
- Short cable.
Why We Recommend IFB 17L Solo Microwave Oven
Convenient Controls: The model can be controlled by Jog Dials, which are pretty easy to use. You can set its temperature, timer, and many more with them. However, make sure to turn them slowly. Otherwise, you might damage them.
Auto Cook Menu For Extra Versatility: Despite being a basic oven, it comes with 3 Auto Cook Menu options. This is one of the biggest reasons we consider this oven to be one of the best microwave ovens in India. It’s reliable, cheap, and it can still cook you delicious food.
Flexi Power Controls: This oven is already not very power consuming. You have increased control over how much power it uses on top of that. You can set the power levels to exactly what you need using the dials.
Defrost Food With Minimal Effort: For an oven at this price, it does offer a fairly effective defrosting mechanism. Like the higher-end microwave ovens, it can defrost according to the weight of the food put in.
Comes With A Glass Turntable: As with all other newer microwaves, this one also comes with a glass turntable. This makes sure that your food is cooked evenly from all sides. IFB could’ve easily skipped out on one, as this is more of a budget model. Having it in this oven speaks volumes about their dedication to performance.
Stainless Steel Cavity For More Efficiency: The IFB 17L Solo Microwave Oven has a stainless steel cavity. This is great for two reasons. Firstly, the heat is distributed more evenly throughout the oven. Secondly, it makes the oven more energy-efficient as well.
Extra Safety For Users: IFB is one of the brands well known for its consideration of user and product safety. This product is no different; it comes with an in-built protection system that kicks in when the oven starts to overheat. Hence, you won’t face any problems with the model.
Things To Keep In Mind About This Model
No Extra Utensils: Ovens normally come with a few extra utensils that help you start cooking as soon as you open the box. However, this model doesn’t come with any such extras. So if you don’t have anything to use, you’ll have to buy some separately.
Base Plate Isn’t Sturdy: The base plate of this oven is a little loose, which means it might wobble around when you put something heavy on it. So be careful when you’re heating heavier items.
Slight Inconvenience With Placement: The power cord of this oven is only 3 ft. long. This might not be an issue for some, but it might become one if your socket isn’t close to the space you’re keeping the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now, let’s get to some questions you might have about this oven.
For a small family looking to save a bit of money, this oven is a perfect option with its features and capacity. Another thing is that it looks fairly good for such a cheap oven, easily matching the looks of other high-end ovens. It could use a child lock feature, and it has some cons, but none of these impact its cooking performance.
- Microwave prices in India – Know How Much is OK to spend in 2022
- Which are the Best OTG Oven in India 2022: Expert Speaks
- OTG Oven vs Microwaves: Price & Concept Comparison
- How The Whirlpool 265 L 2 Star Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator Is The Perfect All-rounder: A Closer Look - July 2, 2022
- On A Budget? Give The Godrej 236 L 2 Star Inverter Double Door Refrigerator A Look - July 1, 2022
- Here’s Why You Should Get The Samsung 253 L 2-Star Inverter Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator - June 30, 2022