The IFB 20 L Convection Microwave Oven is another one of the three IFB microwaves we’ve reviewed for our exclusive Best Microwave Ovens In India list. It’s a 20-litre capacity oven that’s good for small families of two to three people, and it comes with plenty of features that make it one of the better options out there. If you like simple and reliable, then you’ll enjoy reading what we have to say about the product.
- Superior performance.
- A strong structure that lasts a long time.
- Multiple convenient auto cook menus.
- Convenient control panel.
- Power consumption is relatively low.
- After-sales service is lacking.
- Not as versatile for grilling.
- Slight issues with the convection mode.
Why We Recommend IFB 20 L Convection Microwave Oven
- 24 Auto Cook Settings: There are not many autocook options, but the included ones can create delicious results and be used for other unlisted recipes. Simply select the recipe of your choice from these standard menu options and set the weight. Then leave the rest to the microwave. You will not need any more intervention here. During this time, you can concentrate on your other household chores. The microwave will automatically prepare the delicious recipe of your choice in a short time. So, enjoy the taste of your favourite delicious Indian Recipes at the touch of a button in just a few minutes.
- Speed Defrost: This oven has some of the fastest defrosting speeds and can quickly bring food down to room temperature. You only need to specify the weight of the item you want to defrost. The microwave will do the rest automatically and get the frozen food ready to cook in just a few minutes.
- Power Grill and Combi Tech: As the name suggests, this feature combines microwave and grill. It makes it much easier for you to prepare restaurant-style delicious, crispy, brown tikka at home. It can make the perfect tikka through even distribution of heat. You can prepare delicious chicken or paneer tikka with this microwave and serve it to your loved ones.
- Auto Reheat: This is another one of the features that we like about this product. Auto Reheat works better than the reheat feature on standard ovens. It makes it comfortable for you to reheat food items with auto programmed time and power levels. It can heat your food in just a few minutes, and in this case, you don’t even need any supervision.
- Child Lock Feature: While using the microwave, it may not always be possible for you to be cautious when you’re doing other tasks. In such a situation, if your child ever puts his hand in the microwave without your knowledge, it can cause an accident like burning. But you don’t have to worry about it. Using the Child Lock feature, you can easily lock the microwave, which will protect your child from this kind of accident.
- Easy To Read Digital Display: The display keeps you informed about cooking time, power level and time at every step. You can even set the settings more precisely and conveniently.
Some Observations About This Microwave
- Grilling Could Use Some Improvement: This IFB oven can grill food and do so very well; make no mistake about that. Our only gripe with the grilling mechanism is that there aren’t many options. It can perfectly make what we’ve mentioned above, but you might have trouble making other grilled items.
- Issue With The Convection Mode: For the most part, you can use this mode without issue. You might run into one if you use manual convection mode, though. We noticed some disparities whilst trying to cook pizza and rotis. Some parts would turn out unusually hard or soft. Essentially, the heat distribution whilst using this mode isn’t very even.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now, let’s get to some questions you might have about this oven.
The 20L capacity is ideal for a typical Indian family of three to four people. You can use this microwave for various needs such as baking, grilling, cooking, and reheating cooked food. It seems basic, but what makes us truly admire this oven, is its incredibly low power consumption and high build quality. The issues are a little more obvious than the other products we’ve reviewed, but they won’t hamper you during regular use if you choose to go for this model.
- 10 Common Microwave Mistakes You’re Making: Here’s a Checklist
- Which are the Best OTG Oven in India 2022: Expert Speaks
- OTG Oven vs Microwaves: Price & Concept Comparison
- Should You Try The Incredibly Versatile SleepX Dual Medium Soft and Hard Mattress? – A Review - August 5, 2022
- A Look At The Wakefit Orthopaedic Single Size Mattress With Memory Foam – A Superb Option For Bachelors - August 5, 2022
- Wakefit Dual Comfort Mattress – Everything You Should Know About It - August 5, 2022