If you want affordable and reliable, Carrier will always be one of the best AC brands to look up to. This particular model is one of the least expensive ACs we’ve reviewed, yet its performance easily rivals all of the best ACs in India this year. Now, let us tell you everything about this Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC.
- Product Dimensions: 20.5 x 94 x 27.5 cm
- Capacity: 1.5 Tons
- Type: Split AC
- Energy Efficiency: 5 Star
- Inverter Technology: Yes
- Yearly Power Consumption: 841.86 Kw/H
- Noise Level: 38dB
- Voltage: 230V
- Stabiliser Free: Yes
- Provides excellent cooling performance even when the outside temperature is 52 ℃.
- FlxiCool Hybridjet Inverter technology adjusts power consumption depending on personal cooling needs and weather conditions.
- The inbuilt voltage stabiliser can efficiently handle voltage fluctuations from 150V to 280V.
- It can perform efficiently even at a low voltage of 195V.
- Multiple convenience features like auto restart, timer function, child lock and self-diagnosis.
What We Like
- FlxiCool HybridJet Inverter technology.
- Voltage fluctuations protection between 150V to 280V.
- Higher than average ISEER rating of 4.60.
- Different power-saving modes.
- Low voltage operation even at 195V.
- Enhanced rust protection.
What We Don’t Like
- Dry Mode is not as efficient as other ACs.
- Low-quality remote.
- The swing mechanism isn’t flexible.
- Overall installation process comes with many hassles.
Why Buy The Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC?
FlxiCool HybridJet Inverter: This is the biggest highlight of this product. This unique FlxiCool HybridJet Inverter technology lets you run the AC in four modes: free-running, 100%, 75%, and 50%. These convenient modes help you optimise the power consumption of the AC depending on your personal cooling needs and weather conditions. It’s an excellent feature because it can help prevent unnecessary wastage of energy and help to keep electricity bills low while giving the user full control over the AC’s power.
High Ambient Cooling: From the name alone, it can be rather hard to guess what this feature does. In fact, it’s not actually an active feature. As you know, from May to July, the temperature rises dramatically in different parts of India. During this time, the temperature sometimes rises upto 48℃. A typical AC fails in this situation to provide adequate cooling performance. Such a situation is when the High Ambient Cooling mechanism comes into play. Even if the outside temperature rises to 52 ℃, it maintains adequate cooling inside the room.
Inbuilt Voltage Stabiliser: The Inbuilt Voltage Stabiliser of this AC can withstand high voltage fluctuations between 150V and 280V. We’ve run it through different voltages in our lab, and it has performed swimmingly. You don’t have to worry about it breaking down if such situations occur. We’ve also noticed that the cooling performance doesn’t degrade, not even when the voltage is as low as 195V.
Extra Features: Some other small features stack up and offer you incredible convenience. The best among them are; Auto Restart, Timer Function, Child Lock, Self Diagnosis, Sleep Mode and the Refrigerant Leakage Detector. The last one is especially handy, as it can save you a lot of expenses.
Comes With Multiple Safety Sensors: This AC uses as many as 5 sophisticated sensors to ensure that you and your unit stay safe from harm. Two of the most notable sensors are the Discharge sensor, Evaporator, and Condenser sensor. The first will keep the compressor safe, while the second sensor will limit condensation and discharge pressure, keeping the system running more efficiently. We ran the AC through some simulations to see if that stood true, and the AC was able to run without any of its units failing.
Notes About The Issues
Flawed Dry Mode: The Dry Mode is one of the best functions in an AC. However, this AC doesn’t utilise it well. Unlike most other ACs, the fan speed while Dry Mode remains fixed. Meanwhile, models like the ones from Godrej offer Dry Mode with variable fan controls.
Remote Isn’t User-Friendly: We’ve certainly seen better remotes in most ACs than the one this one offers. For starters, it’s not a backlit remote, so usage in the dark isn’t possible. The buttons are also slightly complicated, and you might need to read the manual or learn about what each button does from the installation person.
Swing Is Limited: If your bed is directly underneath the AC, you might find the swing mode inconvenient. The swing only goes down 45° instead of 90°, so cold air from it won’t reach you easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
The feature list alone is enough to give us a good first impression. These features aren’t the ones you usually see on the market. This Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC will certainly be a viable option if you can tolerate the hassles during installation. Don’t let the issue with the Dry Mode put you off- you can use the Auto Cold mode instead if the humidity in the air is particularly high for the day.
Want to see the price of this AC? You can find that along with information on where to find it in our list of the 9 best air conditioners in India 2022, which we update regularly. We’ve also included a buying guide for convenience if you need additional information.
- Which are the 7 Top Best 1.5 Ton Split AC in India 2022?
- Top 9 Best Inverter AC (Air Conditioners) in India 2022: Reviews from the Expert
- Which are the Top 9 Best AC Under 40000 in India (2022)? Expert Speaks
- The 9 Best AC Under 30000 in India (2022): Expert Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- A Full Analysis Of The Samsung 198 L 4-Star Inverter Single Door Refrigerator: Can It Be What You Need? - December 12, 2022
- A Close Look At The Modest Yet Powerful LG 190 L Inverter 4-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022
- Everything You Need To Know About The New Godrej 190 L 5-Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator - December 3, 2022